Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 3120 message problem

• 11-10-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,538 ✭✭✭✭

when i recieve a txt to my phone it goes straight to my inbox it used to display it on the screen (just press select to read) but the last week it has started to go direct to the inbox.i emptied all the folders just encase this was the cause.it switchs between the two aswel it can be grand for a week or two and then changes over! is there something in the settings?anyone know how to rectify this problem .

this is the fone:
    http://europe.nokia.com/A4817005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There a nice little phone but I've seen a few with glitches, I've had a look around and I can't see any option to enable the messages to be notified on the main screen.....

Do you have it long?

Have you tried resetting the phone, make sure you back up everthing first..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,538 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i have it a few months.the strange thing is it started off gran, being notified on main screen and after a month or so its being changing over and back every few weeks

Back up any photos and stuff you have and save all your contacts to the sim....

go into factory settings and restore factory settings, the code is 12345....

see how that goes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,538 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

cheers man that worked .hope it stays like that now

yabadabado wrote: »
    cheers man that worked .hope it stays like that now

no worries, if it dosen't you know what to do;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭marshyc

i was looking at that phone today what do you think of it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Great phone for the money
    Only annoying thing I find...... the rear cover is kind of rubber coated. I carry it in my change pocket and after about 6 weeks, it looks like its years old :(
    Suppose a new cover will always have it like new again

Apart from that, cant say I have any issues at all. Reception is excellent, call quality is excellent and overall, even when I had about 1500 sms between inbox and sent items, it functions very fast between menus. One slight issue, and maybe its just me..... I sometimes find when replying to a text, that I inadvertently hit the red/end button instead of the 3 for def and it saves the message to drafts and I have to reopen it and continue. Dunno if thats just me and my fingers or a common thing, but again, its very rare, so not an issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

whisht wrote: »
    Great phone for the money
    Only annoying thing I find...... the rear cover is kind of rubber coated. I carry it in my change pocket and after about 6 weeks, it looks like its years old :(
    Suppose a new cover will always have it like new again

Apart from that, cant say I have any issues at all. Reception is excellent, call quality is excellent and overall, even when I had about 1500 sms between inbox and sent items, it functions very fast between menus. One slight issue, and maybe its just me..... I sometimes find when replying to a text, that I inadvertently hit the red/end button instead of the 3 for def and it saves the message to drafts and I have to reopen it and continue. Dunno if thats just me and my fingers or a common thing, but again, its very rare, so not an issue
    i got that phone on upgrade 2 weeks ago and the same thing happens to me writin a text it's very annoyin isnt it

Ah! Good to hear it.............well, not good, but you know what I mean :D
    Thought it was just me!
    Yeah, I think the problem is there is not enough of a gap between the 3 key and the red key and its very easy hit it every now and again. Its very annoying alright, but apart from that, its a great little phone

By the way, can you type in *#0000# and see what firmware version you have and then go to the video recorder and see what is the max resolution you can choose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

v 07.16
    RM-364
    variant 134.03
    640x480 is the max resolution i have

• Advertisement

Yeah. Mine was on something like 6.2 originally and I'm sure 640 x 480 wasnt there, but I upgraded and have same as yourself. Was just wondering if I am dreaming or was that one of the changes made in 7.16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they're talking about the 3120 classic, not the 3120. the 2610 would be a big downgrade from the 3120 classic

liljoe wrote: »
    hi guys , i had the same problem few weeks ago . i went to the operator company and they upgrade my nokia 3120 to Nokia 2610. its better model of nokia i recomand you to read some information about it on a cool site that i linked for you . enjoy

They didn't upgrade you they downgraded you, I hope they gave you about €50 cash back......:pac:

Advertisement