Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hopups

Options
  • 11-10-2008 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

whats the best way to fine tune a hop?

lets assume the hop is fully off and you have a loaded clip whats the best way to set it. would a target be best. or should you get someone else to fire it and adjust by your sight etc... how do you guys do it. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

eagleye7 wrote: »
    whats the best way to fine tune a hop?

lets assume the hop is fully off and you have a loaded clip whats the best way to set it. would a target be best. or should you get someone else to fire it and adjust by your sight etc... how do you guys do it. thanks

The best thing to do is: fire-adjust-fire-adjust until ya get it going as

straight as possible. Just get it firing so that the bb just kinda falls out of the

air and doesnt fly up or power into the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭eagleye7

thanks i thought that was it but i figured id ask just in case there was a sneakiy trick to it that would make me look like a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

eagleye7 wrote: »
    thanks i thought that was it but i figured id ask just in case there was a sneakiy trick to it that would make me look like a fool.

No prob..can be a bit confusing at first :)

Also when ya first adjust it and its firing good...it should bed in a bit after a

few mags and ya'll be able to get a bit more range off it.

cool cant wait till i get it purrin proper its a tm m14 and i hear they have some of the best hopups goin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Also depends if its a windy day! If it is quite windy, youll prob need to turn it 70 percent up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I've found doing it in a place that's a tad bit sheltered to be easiest. I'm lucky in that I have a 20 meter garage to test all my stuff in, but anywhere that's a little out of the way of the elements helps.
    After that, as Blay said, it's trial and error. Once you're used to it, it'll only take a few seconds to dial it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

I shoot from inside my house out the back door.. Have about 15 meters myself.. Its easy enough to tune.. just have a nice fixed target... sometimes it helps to look down the side of the gun rather then the sights to see if it curves up or down etc

thanks lads some good advice there:D

Advertisement