Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to park at night?

Options
  • 11-10-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

I've recently gotten a motorbike...nice 125 crossover Honda.

Anyway I'll want to use it at night to get in and out from town. I'd like to be able to use it if I'm going on a night out with friends so I can avoid paying for a taxi (which costs me loads!).

All I need to know is a secure place to park it...

I was thinking of outside Debenhams on Pana or else outside Easons...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I wouldn't count on putting it in a public place deterring the scumbags. Tbh, I'd never leave my bike in town for the night. What would you do with your helmet and gear anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

School of Music is quiet but not too quiet. Wouldn't leave a bike in town though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Never leave a bike in town overnight. Especially a tasty 125 that is easily thrown in the back of a van.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Put in the car park opposite the library on the Grand Parade, they have very good over night rates

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

tbh, i wouldnt leave it in a multistorey car park either, not enough traffic going past. I've never taken a bike into town after ten in the last eight years of being on two wheels, just not comfortable with it. IF they'll knock my baby over at two in teh afternoon in the middle of pana, they'd do a hell of a lot worse in the night. IF you have a friend w/ offroad parking w/i walking distance of town that might be an idea, then chain it to the fence or what have you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

how about the motor bike spaces near the opera house when approaching from academy street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

I wouldn't leave a motorbike anywhere around town. I reckon the safest place is the grandparade carpark across from the library as someone mentioned. You might be able to leave it by the security office where it will be even safer again. Leave it around town and the chances of it getting nicked are very high unless you cement it into the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Park it in the anglese garda car park. Its a motor bike so you can just drive round the barriers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

Grandparade car park
    6pm - 155am €3
    6pm -11 the following day €6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Those rates are very good.

Thanks for the info guys.

I'm not too sure would it be so easily nicked. I've parked it a few times just by where the security are by Gentlemen's Quarters on Pana. I use a brake disc lock, a U lock on the front wheel and also a heavy chain lock to secure it to a pole.

I reckon it'd be too hard and too much hassle for someone to rob it there but then again...

• Advertisement

Chances are it wouldn't be stolen, but some drunken assholes would probably knock it over for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Yeah always worried about that...some idiots out there at times.

Advertisement