Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Carkit?

• 11-10-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I bought a 2nd hand car with a carkit for a Nokia in it - looks like it'd fit a 6230i or something similar.

I have a newer Nokia (the N95). Anyone know if it's simply a matter of changing the cradle the phone sits in to use the carkit with the N95?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If the old cradle is for the 6230i it would be a pop-port cradle, which the n95 and all new nokias dont use. They have a cradle which is simply to hold the phone, then using bluetooth to make the calls and a charger like this.

You can remove the old cradle, one screw, and then mount a new one [eg CR-99] to hold the phone. Buy a charger which are very cheap, and then either a earpiece which are cheap enough, or if using a lot, a display unit which will show numbers and contacts etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I have the exact same problem with a nokia bluetooth cradle.. It's all set up and I don't want to rip it all out and I have a charger for my n80, so a new cradle prob the best idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

It looks like a pop-port, sit-in-it and charge cradle alright, i.e. not one of the Bluetooth ones. So I need to use an earpiece? Hate them things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It looks like a pop-port, sit-in-it and charge cradle alright, i.e. not one of the Bluetooth ones. So I need to use an earpiece? Hate them things!

You dont need an earpiece, that is just the easiest/cheapest solution.

You can use a wide range of handsfree devices.

Wireless Plug-in Handsfree unit - Its a speaker and connects to the phone via bluetooh. Simple to install and remove.

Car Kit - this kit has nearly everything that you need but ofcourse is more expensive. It is most likely something similar to what you have already. A speaker is connected to the radio and via bluetooh to your phone. Need some knowledge to install also.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

check what kit you've got - if it's the Nokia CK-7, it can work with either a wired holder or bluetooth connection

• Advertisement
Advertisement