Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 day ban from Pro Wrestling forum

Options
  • 11-10-2008 4:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

I was banned on Thursday afternoon from the Pro Wrestling forum for a week for posting what the moderator's reason of Posting Nonsense. The thread was about a wrestler (Raven) comically bad attempted at a singing in a band. In the thread I jokingly stated that a well known poster ShawnRaven should change his name to avoid anyone associating with it with him. The moderator deleted the thread and banned from posting for a week without any warning. Id like to point out I don’t normally post nonsense on this board, if anything I’ve at times been viewed as too serious.

After I was banned I made two attempts at contacting the moderator bombidol politely or at least I hope it came across that way. He has still not replied to either one. I feared a third PM might be viewed as harassing behaviour. So yesterday I PM’d another moderator Fozzy to ask him whether if bombidol had actually received either PM and to ask bombidol what the reasoning for my bannning was in general. Today I received a PM from Fozzy the contents of which I’m not sure I’m allowed post as it came second hand but still does not explain much of why I was banned.

I’m annoyed that I’m still fairly unclear why was I given the punishment I was given and the lack of response from the moderator after two days.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Banned from Pro Wrestling due to nonsense - ROFL

Little bit hypocritical no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Rovert if you want to see revenge but not get banned I recommend you watch 50 seconds in and 1:49 into this video.
    Obviously Bombidol is the guy in the red cap.;)

You owe me at least 2 pints for the satisfaction you will get from this.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Here was the video I linked it is horrifically bad from a personality known for taking himself WAY too seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Banned for a week? You should take it as a favour. Return to that forum nevermore!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

For the record, I didn't see anything wrong with the thread. It was a thread about a wrestler (Raven) singing a song that's just really bad, and rovert tied it in with a regular PW poster's recent name change (ShawnRaven) as a light-hearted joke

I know that there's been Feedback threads about rovert in the past, but he has been better behaved since the last one

My hands are tied though

EDIT: The song is a new one, it's not like rovert specifically sought it out so that he could make a joke about ShawnRaven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Obviously I left out the link...doh! :o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al950qAY6-0
    Remember 0.50 in and 1:49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Crazy decision and very bad moderating considering the very obvious efforts rovert has made recently.

Sorry to see you get banned for something silly like this rovert.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seems to be some very poor moderating.

Seems to be some very poor moderating.
    Agreed. I got perm banned from Wrestling just now for (IMHO) absolutely no reason! :(

Pigman II wrote: »
    Agreed. I got perm banned from Wrestling just now for (IMHO) absolutely no reason! :(

You should take it as a favour. Return to that forum nevermore!

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    You should take it as a favour. Return to that forum nevermore!

PM me if you'd like to buy a pair of Triple H's used underpants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Pigman II wrote: »

Probably has something to do with those pointless threads you started in there after you posted in this thread, just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Seems extremely harsh tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I heard steroids give you tits.

Crazy decision and very bad moderating considering the very obvious efforts rovert has made recently.

Sorry to see you get banned for something silly like this rovert.

Thanks, but it seems my recent behaviour was what lead to the banning.

I brought this thread to bombidol's attention as I didnt want to go behind his back when I posted this thread and he has been active since then yet he still hasnt responsed to me in any way. Asking for an explaination or clarifcation shouldnt be this hard to get from a moderator.

rovert wrote: »
    Thanks, but it seems my recent behaviour was what lead to the banning.

I brought this thread to bombidol's attention as I didnt want to go behind his back when I posted this thread and he has been active since then yet he still hasnt responsed to me in any way. Asking for an explaination or clarifcation shouldnt be this hard to get from a moderator.

The fact that he is yet to respond is really a poor show at this stage especially considering Fozzy has expressed his opinion on this thread.

Another example of how to be a bad moderator by bombidol I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Another example of how to be a bad moderator by bombidol I'm afraid.

Could you give any other example of poor moderating from BombIdol or are you just bashing him because he doesn't post there. He lurks and there's nothing wrong with an objective moderator, in fact, it's a good thing

Rovert's caused a good few people to stop posting as much on the board and has pissed everybody off their at one stage or another. Just because he is extremely careful to not break the rules and when he does, always has an excuse, such as the Minto fag episode, doesn't mean that he should get away with being extremely aggressive to posters. Maybe it's coming at a bad time because in the past month or so Rovert's gotten a lot better at boards

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The Minto fag episode? How do you call someone a fag and still be within the rules? Thats personal abuse, a straight ban.

From reading posts in various Feedback threads, I think that rovert cant win. Hes not liked, people want him out and I get an impression the mods agree. Sure his attitude stinks, demanding facts (which he should be allowed do but with a nicer tone) etc. but you cant issue bans for silly reasons just because hes not liked and people have left. He, from what I gathered, has somewhat improved but not enough.

Will rovert ever be welcomed unless he lets everybody talk ****e and not point out the ****e there waffling on about?

Sully wrote: »
    The Minto fag episode? How do you call someone a fag and still be within the rules? Thats personal abuse, a straight ban.

From a previous Feedback thread...
    Fozzy wrote:
    I explained this before. Minto had talked about the board on a website that he is a member of, Figure Four Online. rovert is also a member there. Minto had posted something about the Figure Four board. rovert replied to him using a sort of in-joke from that board, saying "fagot". "Fagot" is a term of affection if anything on that board

To me it's the equivalent of someone making a South Park reference and someone else replying to them using some sort of joke from the show, using an "insult" that isn't actually offensive in the context of the show

If Minto were not a member of that other board and he hadn't been posting about it then I would have taken some action against rovert

I did tell rovert not to do it again though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Fozzy wrote: »
    From a previous Feedback thread...

Now THATS a storm in a tea cup right there.

• Advertisement

Can we stick to the topic at hand and not go over things from the past for the third or fourth time? Sully in relation to the episode which you've brought up I’ve explained it numerous times and even though my intent wasn’t to offend I apologised to the two people it offended more than once also I havent used the term since . My attitude doesn’t stink and I’m not normally extremely aggressive. I’m helpful and pleasant the majority of the time. While going to great pains to be more so for longer than the one month period stated by Bubs101.

This thread should only be about the continued lack of communication from the moderator who banned and my view that punishment which was given to me was overly harsh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

What is this Rovert IV? Where is Apollo Creed?
    With the greatest respect, you seem to really love sailing close to the wind with that pro-wrestling forum. Every time you get infracted or banned there its straight in here to fight the powah and rant about the mods. In the end, you are just going to give someone a bit of a **** time of it. It might seem harsh to some users but when you look at the history and the manner in which you post there, which has many users' backs up, if you are to continue to use that forum as you do, you have to take your licks like everyone else.

I know I shouldnt reply to this stuff going over old ground:
    With the greatest respect, you seem to really love sailing close to the wind with that pro-wrestling forum.

No I don’t, I like talking about Wrestling on a reasonably intelligent level while joining on the less serious side too.
    Every time you get infracted or banned there its straight in here to fight the powah and rant about the mods. In the end, you are just going to give someone a bit of a **** time of it.

You read the OP right?

Yeah that’s the reason why I waited two days before starting the thread, contacting the moderator twice via PM waiting a day each for a reply stating explicitly I didn’t want to start a thread in feedback, in the second instance NOT jumping to any derogatory conclusions about how the moderator dealt with my first PM chalking it up to an innocent oversight (ie he simply missed it) while also asking another moderator to contact him to see whether he missed my second PM. I haven’t "ranted" about Mods as you've stated rather I’ve been quite complimentary about them in threads here in Feedback in the past. Speaking about previous Feedback threads you wrote this about me:
    I noticed that too. The guy gets lambasted in there for his knowledge rather than thanked for it. I don't really like that TBH.
    It might seem harsh to some users but when you look at the history and the manner in which you post there, which has many users' backs up, if you are to continue to use that forum as you do, you have to take your licks like everyone else.

So mods can ban people for a week for a minor at best infraction with no warning or clarification willy nilly, I don’t think so?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Could you give any other example of poor moderating from BombIdol or are you just bashing him because he doesn't post there. He lurks and there's nothing wrong with an objective moderator, in fact, it's a good thing

Example No.1 would be the fact that bombidol banned rovert for sweet F.A.

Example No.2 would be bombidol not responding to the PM's or this thread.

I was refering to bombidol's poor handling of this incident. I am not trying to turn this into an examination of bombidols overall performance. Sorry if I caused confusion by not making that clear.

I am not trying to turn this into an examination of bombidols overall performance.

Nor should it be an examination of me. Anyone who wants to can you please start a new thread or just read the thread about me in August. Thanks.

Id just like to state Ive had zero problems with bombidol in the past. Just his handling of the situation outlined in the OP. Can we please stick to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Any more word on this? Half of the ban is already up and at this rate I'll take a wild guess and say that whoever decides to sort it out will just say "ah sure your bans nearly up anyway, no harm done" etc and just sweep it under the carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

If it was just based on that post then that's ridiculous moderating :rolleyes:

deise59 wrote: »
    Any more word on this? Half of the ban is already up and at this rate I'll take a wild guess and say that whoever decides to sort it out will just say "ah sure your bans nearly up anyway, no harm done" etc and just sweep it under the carpet.

No word on this but (god this sounds stalkerish) bombidol did browse the thread an hour ago and again I did PM a link to him to bring it to his attention. He does know this thread exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I seen the original thread in PW, And in fairness rovert you picked out one poster on the whole board to make a thread about, It just so happens that you and said poster (shawnraven) have had alot of differences in the past. So even when I first saw it I believed it was rovert the big bully attacking a poster for no reason. That, along with all your previous infractions and warnings probably deserves a weeks ban. And thats all it is, A One week ban, Just a slap on the wrist, take it on the chin.

Alot of users may be happy about this since they can post freely without having to worry about the big bad PW wolf making the forum miserable to post in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi rovert

Regarding the lack of a response it is out of your hands. The mod in person may have been away for the weekend or something came up that would interfere with them getting back to you. Everybody has a live outside of boards and we have to respect that. Scott Levy (Raven) may have branded his name and as a result people may be unwilling to discuss it (to avoid legal complications). As to why you were banned, when the time is right they will give you a proper explanation. Being honest I have also received a one week ban from a mod for breaching the thread charter. I questioned it and after getting a response I took it on the chin and lived with it (even though it was a thread I posted in a fair bit). Give it a bit of time and see what happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement