Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 day ban from Pro Wrestling forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

dancor wrote: »
    I seen the original thread in PW, And in fairness rovert you picked out one poster on the whole board to make a thread about, It just so happens that you and said poster (shawnraven) have had alot of differences in the past.

We buried the hatchet dancor or at least we thought we did. I don’t know if ShawnRaven reported me, if he did he must be amazingly touchy or really dislike Raven. There was a similar thread made about me recently and I didn’t report anyone for it and took it in good spirits certainly not as bullying. If you saw the original thread you would have seen the smiley within. The message of thread placed ShawnRaven above (having more credibility or talent etc) than the wrestler Raven. So how can it be bullying exactly? It anything it was a complementary.
    So even when I first saw it I believed it was rovert the big bully attacking a poster for no reason. That, along with all your previous infractions and warnings probably deserves a weeks ban. And thats all it is, A One week ban, Just a slap on the wrist, take it on the chin..

You can turn me into a fairytale baddie all you want. But I’m not a bully on the Pro Wrestling and certainly not recently. If I was given a reason for the one week I could debate whether I deserved it or not based on the grounds given. But I will say my recent behaviour in my opinion has not been tantamount to a banning.
    Alot of users may be happy about this since they can post freely without having to worry about the big bad PW wolf making the forum miserable to post in.

So I make the forum miserable sure mate :rolleyes: Amazing how you can frame people's behaviour and actions.
    DenMan wrote: »
    Hi rovert

Regarding the lack of a response it is out of your hands. The mod in person may have been away for the weekend or something came up that would interfere with them getting back to you.

Read the OP I took that approach trying to communicate with the moderator. The fact of the matter he has been quite active the past few days and has had time to post posts on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

What is this Rovert IV? Where is Apollo Creed?
    With the greatest respect, you seem to really love sailing close to the wind with that pro-wrestling forum. Every time you get infracted or banned there its straight in here to fight the powah and rant about the mods. In the end, you are just going to give someone a bit of a **** time of it. It might seem harsh to some users but when you look at the history and the manner in which you post there, which has many users' backs up, if you are to continue to use that forum as you do, you have to take your licks like everyone else.

Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

rovert wrote: »
    If you saw the original thread you would have seen the smiley within.

I did, It was this one :P Which could mean anything
    You can turn me into a fairytale baddie all you want.

Heal would have been a more suitable word
    So I make the forum miserable sure mate :rolleyes:

Davie meltzer told me, So it must be true!!
    Amazing how you can frame people's behaviour and actions.

I must have hit a nerve if you edited your post to add this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Example No.1 would be the fact that bombidol banned rovert for sweet F.A.

Example No.2 would be bombidol not responding to the PM's or this thread.

I was refering to bombidol's poor handling of this incident. I am not trying to turn this into an examination of bombidols overall performance. Sorry if I caused confusion by not making that clear.

He's explained why he hasn't been here in a thread that neither you or Rovert can access and some people here have agreed with BombIdol's decision. Also, from what I've seen from the archives, he took alot of abuse getting the PW forum off the ground and is the main reason we have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Bubs101 wrote: »
    He's explained why he hasn't been here in a thread that neither you or Rovert can access and some people here have agreed with BombIdol's decision.

Well if he wants to hide in the moderators forum instead of publicly defending his decision that doesn't give the impression of having much confidence in the validity of his decision.

Those that have agreed with the decision here seem to have done so largely because of their dislike for rovert just as you are doing now. If they could look at this from a neutral standpoint I don't think bombidol would have any support. He doesn't even have the support of his fellow Pro-wrestling mod, Fozzy in case you had not noticed.

For the record - and rovert will confirm this, I have had many, many disputes with rovert but I don't let that cloud my judgement when something so blatently wrong as this happens.

• Advertisement

Those that have agreed with the decision here seem to have done so largely because of their dislike for rovert just as you are doing now.

I don't dislike Rovert, I used to but haven't had a problem with him in a while. Look at the last of his feedback threads for proof
    If they could look at this from a neutral standpoint I don't think bombidol would have any support. He doesn't even have the support of his fellow Pro-wrestling mod, Fozzy in case you had not noticed.

Fozzy does tend to back Rovert in general and mods aren't robots, they have different opinions on things.

In fairness to Rovert, he's clearly been making more of an effort recently but the first impression tends to stick, and he made a worse one than kentonbomb

I don't dislike Rovert, I used to but haven't had a problem with him in a while. Look at the last of his feedback threads for proof

I don't want to go through those threads again so I'll take your word on that one!
    In fairness to Rovert, he's clearly been making more of an effort recently but the first impression tends to stick, and he made a worse one than kentonbomb

You are absolutely right when you say that first impressions last (and won't be forgotten by anyone familiar with what we are talking about) but kentonbomb was a different kettle of fish in that he was incapable of changing whereas we have seen that rovert can.

He's explained why he hasn't been here in a thread that neither you or Rovert can access and some people here have agreed with BombIdol's decision. Also, from what I've seen from the archives, he took alot of abuse getting the PW forum off the ground and is the main reason we have one

Bubs, I saw him browsing this very thread today and he has made posts since I originally PM'd him too. It has been a day since I stated this thread and Im still none the wiser why I was given the infraction I was given. This shouldnt be this difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It has been a day since I stated this thread and Im still none the wiser why I was given the infraction I was given.

And neither am I to be honest. I don't understand why that thread warranted any action at all

Fozzy wrote: »
    And neither am I to be honest. I don't understand why that thread warranted any action at all

Well you have access to the moderator forum - why don't you take a look at what he said there and enlighten us. Bombidol was reading this thread only 20 minutes ago yet wouldn't post on it so its not looking like he will at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Well you have access to the moderator forum - why don't you take a look at what he said there and enlighten us. Bombidol was reading this thread only 20 minutes ago yet wouldn't post on it so its not looking like he will at this stage.

I'm still none the wiser. bombidol's reasons don't make sense to me

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'm still none the wiser. bombidol's reasons don't make sense to me

Fair play for being honest enough to say that Fozzy.

Bubs, I saw him browsing this very thread today and he has made posts since I originally PM'd him too. It has been a day since I stated this thread and Im still none the wiser why I was given the infraction I was given. This shouldnt be this difficult.

Obviously he's aware of the thread but in fairness, I couldn't blame him for wanting to avoid one of those quote arguments with you. He doesn't have to appear if he doesn't want to, it'd be an Smod or Cmod decision and feedback threads always turn into witch hunts against the mod in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It seems like a very trivial banning, I'm sorry to see that happen rovert gathering from the response's in this thread saying that you're really making the effort with the style in which you post.

But I'm a bit relieved you weren't around today because I got a wrap on the knuckles for posting from 3rd party websites again.:pac: (joking)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

... feedback threads always turn into witch hunts against the mod in question.

Yup.

/OT ... Watch this space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

ban lifted

Obviously he's aware of the thread but in fairness, I couldn't blame him for wanting to avoid one of those quote arguments with you. He doesn't have to appear if he doesn't want to, it'd be an Smod or Cmod decision and feedback threads always turn into witch hunts against the mod in question. ].

I waited two days before posting this thread while giving him a day to respond to both PMs. I never wanted to start a Feedback thread. I’m not looking for an argument I told the mod I didn’t want to start a Feedback thread. If I was looking for an argument I would not have waited those two days. If he didn’t want an argument he could have just responded to my first PM. Again I never had a prior problem with the mod and if you read the thread I’ve asked for this thread not to turn into a witch hunt against him or me. Infractions should be in part a correctional tool not just used for punishment. I’m still unclear why I was given the infraction I was given. Not only I’m unclear but another mod from the same forum is unclear.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It seems like a very trivial banning, I'm sorry to see that happen rovert gathering from the responses in this thread saying that you're really making the effort with the style in which you post.

Well my recent behaviour seems to have been a deciding factor in my banning. That is something I can’t get my head around.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    But I'm a bit relieved you weren't around today because I got a wrap on the knuckles for posting from 3rd party websites again. (joking)

It was a bit weird to me Fozzy or ShawnRaven weren’t attacked the same way I usually am when I request that in the same/similar manner.

bombidol wrote: »
    ban lifted

Thanks, no hard feelings but I would have liked some form of explaination.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Thanks, no hard feelings but I would have liked some form of explaination.

I suggest that you leave it while you're winning. Boards.ie doesn't owe you anything. You can either leave this feedback thread considering that you have "righted a wrong" or continue on this thread and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

To be fair to him, the first thing a mod should be able to do, is apologise and give a reason (even if it's as inane, as "I was pissed, and I felt like it").

People are often expected to jump through hoops when they get banned, mods should also be able to do this as a primary tenet of modding.

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    I suggest that you leave it while you're winning. Boards.ie doesn't owe you anything. You can either leave this feedback thread considering that you have "righted a wrong" or continue on this thread and see what happens.

How else am I supposed to ask him he doesnt reply to PMs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Can I have my ban lifted also? I would like to get back to my sideline of selling WWF match-worn underpants to you guys. Thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

How else am I supposed to ask him he doesnt reply to PMs?

Either

a) you don't ask and continue on tomorrow almost as though this never happened or,

b) You could always take this to Helpdesk to demand a reply.

Speaking with my 'member' hat on and not my 'moderator' hat on I think I'd have to be on very, very solid ground to demand a reply to the banning.
    If you think you have that solid case for deserving one then go for it !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

bombidol wrote: »
    ban lifted
    *throws confetti around*

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ponster: I think he deserves an explanation. rovert has posted in Help Desk, so lets leave it to the Smods and the mod in question.

Topic should be closed by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well, well, well. The system works and ban lifted. :) Note to whinging users who jump on the mod bashing wagon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement