Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto sporting

Options
  • 11-10-2008 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I am looking at getting my first car and one that I am considering is the 1,2L Fiat Punto Sporting. A few people have told me it has sequential gearing. But the pics I have seen show a standard H type gear shift excep it has 6 gears as opposed to 5.

When I think of sequential gears I think of gears on a motorcycle where light cluch and a gentle shift of the gear lever changes gear. Or button shift on a car.

Does the Sporting actually has sequential gearing and if so how does it work in this particular model. Also if I do a test on a car with sequential gearing will there be restrictions on my license. I hope these questions don't sound stupid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Sporting has a 6 speed standard gearbox - and a very nice gearbox it is too....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there was the Punto Sporting Speedgear, but very few were sold here.

Advertisement