Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fireworks this thursday?

• 11-10-2008 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Im pretty sure the opera fireworks are on this thursday, anyone know what time they are starting at?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

OVER A quarter tonne of fireworks will be set off and choreographed to a stunning soundtrack of classical music for all the family to enjoy to celebrate the opening of the 57th annual Wexford Festival Opera (WFO) on Thursday, October 16th, on Wexford quayfront.

More ... New Ross Echo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Its at half 6, as said about 2 threads down the page:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

Did the clocks go back the hour in Wexford last saturday night?

If not, it'll be interesting to watch a fireworks display in daylight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

CLADA wrote: »
    Did the clocks go back the hour in Wexford last saturday night?

ehhh? what? that happens at the end of october, probably the last sat or the one at halloween weekend bank holidays, probably sat1st november but dont quote me on that :o

might try to go down for these FW, cant understand why they wouldnt wait till its fully dark, 2 more hours and its dark. is it me or does this seem strange? bet you its a health and safety thing, probably cheaper to go earlier :P

Nah, the sunset is at 6.28 aparently, so if the weather is good there should be a good sunset as well!

Its earlier because the opening opera this year is longer, it has to start at 7 to get finished on time, so obiously the fireworks need to be earlier aswell to facilitate this....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

ahhh, very good. hope the weather stays fine alright

so the Bank holiday is actually the mon 27th this year too . so i guess the clocks change then eh?

i would love to get down for the fireworks, see how work goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

CLADA wrote: »
    Did the clocks go back the hour in Wexford last saturday night? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If not, it'll be interesting to watch a fireworks display in daylight.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Did anyone go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Yes, thought it was great. Must download some pics - if they're not all fuzzy or dark...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

I was dissapointed compared to previous years. Maybe i'm just getting old or something but i coulda sworn they didn't let off as many big fireworks this year...

• Advertisement

Statso wrote: »
    I was dissapointed compared to previous years. Maybe i'm just getting old or something but i coulda sworn they didn't let off as many big fireworks this year...

I defo thought they did, if not more, in the second display anyway.

one thing kinda disappointed me, they usually have the ships moved over to other side, but not this year, which kinda blocked the view slightly!

Advertisement