Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Graphics Card

Options
  • 11-10-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi, Im thinking of installing a a graphics card into my Dell Latitude D630. What would be a good mid-price range card?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ubaroo

what kind of price are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

around E100......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's a laptop.....unless it uses the same modular system as some of the other Dell laptops that take the 8400/8600 which I doubt it does, you can't upgrade the video card. That laptop does come with an option for a Quadro 135 (practically an 8400GS; with the price of an 8800GTX), but one of those cards would set you back hundreds for very basic performance, so that's hardly an option. Even if you could, you'd be looking at opening up your laptop completely, parts are not exactly as easily inter-changeable as they are in desktops.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

That's a laptop.....unless it uses the same modular system as some of the other Dell laptops that take the 8400/8600 which I doubt it does, you can't upgrade the video card. That laptop does come with an option for a Quadro 135 (practically an 8400GS; with the price of an 8800GTX), but one of those cards would set you back hundreds for very basic performance, so that's hardly an option. Even if you could, you'd be looking at opening up your laptop completely, parts are not exactly as easily inter-changeable as they are in desktops.

I had a suspicion that could be the case....... ah well

Advertisement