Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavalier King Charles

Options
  • 11-10-2008 5:49pm

I have a Cavalier King Charles that is 5 years old. He has a heart condition but has prescribed medication for it from local vet.
    A woman told me while out walking my dog that scrambled egg once a week is good for a Cavalier King Charles's heart.

Just wondering if that is true?

Thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

Wow, if only it was that easy!!!
    While scarmbled eggs won't do you cavie any harm, I have my doubts that it would really do anything to improve a heart condition.....
    The best dietary change by far that you can make for your dog is make absolutely sure the dog does not become overweight... if he's already overweight, get him to lose it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

Hi little nipper,

I have two cavaliers neither have heart problems (yet!) but I reccommned www.cavaliertalk.com there are so many people on there that can help you. I found it invaluable when my little fella was diagnosed with epilepsy.

RE the egg I really can't see it having any benefit to your dogs heart. I don;t understand why it would need to be scrambled either I know plenty of people who give their dogs raw eggs for their coat.

As I said go onto that website were you can chat to people who have dogs with the same as yours and they can advise you on what to give or not to give to your dog.

Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

Scrambled egg wont do any harm but I doubt it will help the heart condition very much either.

As for raw egg you need to be careful with this, it contains an enzyme which affects how a dog absorbs vitamin b.

Advertisement