Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Live October 23rd-27th

Options
  • 11-10-2008 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen any mention of this on here but heard the ads on the radio so I thought I just post about it incase anyone is interested.
    All the details of the events are on this website:
    http://www.sligolive.ie/

It looks like there is a lot going on. I remember last year there was a street parade and lots of buskers around the town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Thanks Magnumlady! Our friend is singing in Grappa on Sunday afternoon. I believe the market is going to be there too. Going to check out your link....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Ooh great I hope the market does come back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Looks terrific magnumlady. Thanks for that. Great there is an annual live gig here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭TradeSecrets

Pretty poor line up !! Given that its a yearly event, you'd think they'd want to put more of an effort in.

Has anybody been around to see Sligo Live? What the street entertainment and the market like? We're heading down today to see our friend sing in Grappa.

• Advertisement

I'm heading there today to see the market, if you see a mad woman with a camera that'll be me, come and say hello:D

Oh, I'll bring my stalker hat with me shall I? ;) Hope to see you there! :D You do know, now we will be stopping everybody with a camera saying "Hi Magnumlady!":D:D:D

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'm heading there today to see the market, if you see a mad woman with a camera that'll be me, come and say hello:D

My stalker hat must be broken...... couldn't see any mad wummin with a camera. Nearly asked a man if he liked Magnums......:D
    Shame the Belgian cheese man wasn't there. My mate was great!!

Mrs.T wrote: »
    My stalker hat must be broken...... couldn't see any mad wummin with a camera. Nearly asked a man if he liked Magnums......:D
    Shame the Belgian cheese man wasn't there. My mate was great!!

You haven't by any chance got pink in your hair have you?

You haven't by any chance got pink in your hair have you?

I'm rumbled! Where did you see us? How did you know it could have been us? Were you being a real stalker, skulking around corners like this..... :cool:?

I knew we should've agreed on a code phrase or something :D

• Advertisement

You look right at me in The Quayside, you were carrying a green balloon!! :D

You look right at me in The Quayside, you were carrying a green balloon!! :D

No way!! Were we trying to coax our wee man that it was a good idea that we were going home at that moment. I was exhausted by that point and just wanted to get my feet up at home..... I hope I attempted to smile at you? If not.... :D
    And next time say" do you fancy a magnum" or something like that!

Mrs.T wrote: »
    No way!! Were we trying to coax our wee man that it was a good idea that we were going home at that moment. I was exhausted by that point and just wanted to get my feet up at home..... I hope I attempted to smile at you? If not.... :D
    And next time say" do you fancy a magnum" or something like that!

It was really weird because I looked at you and thought I bet thats Mrs T!! I heard you coaxing the little lad. I hadn't a clue what you looked like so no idea why I should think it was you:D
    Hope you had a good day.
    I wish Sligo had a market more often, its a lovely atmosphere. I thought Sligo live was better last year though.

It was really weird because I looked at you and thought I bet thats Mrs T!! I heard you coaxing the little lad. I hadn't a clue what you looked like so no idea why I should think it was you:D
    Hope you had a good day.
    I wish Sligo had a market more often, its a lovely atmosphere. I thought Sligo live was better last year though.

That is spooky! I can't even remember looking at people in the Quay, I was that tired (clock change and toddlers don't mix :mad:) Next time just stop me :D
    We were talking to the cheese man there and he's been nominated by the market board to make a survey to find out what the customers want. The majority of the market holders want to have a market on Rockwood parade on a regular basis.
    I love the market and being able to see live music during the day. We missed the busking yesterday. Our friend has blisters on her fingers and was afraid she couldn't play today but she did and she was great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

In fairness Mrs. T, if you have pink hair what do you expect? Hardly screams discretion does it? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

yeh, get a room:p

Big_Mac wrote: »
    In fairness Mrs. T, if you have pink hair what do you expect? Hardly screams discretion does it? ;-)

:confused: I don't get your point?

What are you lot like??
    Its not all pink hair anyway, just at the ends....its cool.
    Anyway here are a few pics of the market:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/sets/72157608389078546/

Advertisement