Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No heat in 1 rad

Options
  • 11-10-2008 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hey, looking for some help (ive done a quick search and couldnt find anything)
    I'll try to give as much info as possible cause I dont know how important it could be, Ive a oil boiler, I had a small piece of pipe replaced last week in the heating system, I was told the pressure was to high and when I was to turn the pressure tap off an hour after the heat went on, as soon as I did the pressure dropped to 1bar, a funny noise started comming from the back of the boiler and I had no heat in the rad, theres no heat in the pipes leading into the rad either
    All other rads are hot but the pipe about 2ft down from where the pressure gauge is is cold to
    Sorry if I put in to much info, just wanted to be sure

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

make sure the radiator is turned on.
    You'd be amazed the amount of times people call plumbers out ,for radiators that are only turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Was this radiator working normally before you had the "piece of pipe" fitted ?
    Have you vented this rad, by that I mean opening the air vent on the top of the rad to allow air out. If the system is a closed type then as you vent a rad you will also have to open the supply to replenish and fill the rad with water. Very difficult to explain all here but hopefully you understand. Was the piece of pipe that was changed a pressure release valve?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

311, I forgot that very important bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

yeah its on :D, ive tried to bleed it and all that came out was water, yeah its a closed system, on my limited knowledge, if theres an airblock in the pipe somewhere (its a bungalow and the rad is the furthest away from the boiler), would i have to bleed out the rad, letting all the water out, till the air bubble comes out

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭japbyrne

Try turning off some of the other rads, had similar problem one time
    and this worked for me, when furthest away rad heats slowly turn on
    other rads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement