Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

croke park...ireland v cyprus

Options
  • 11-10-2008 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

hi lads, oh and lasses!!

hope you can help. heading up to the match next wednesday from donegal. there is four of us heading up. seeing as it is at least a 3 hour journey back home again we have decided to stay the night. some of the lads arent millonaires so dont have the money to be staying in a hotel and a night out in dublin.

is it possible to find somewhere cheap to stay the night that is closeish to croker and close to decent nightlife. even a few decent pubs would suffice.

im not sure if all this is possible? is there another alternative? is there a b&b on a pub route back from croke park?

this is prob a vague request so i hope you can decipher what i need!!

cheers in advance......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

derossi wrote: »
    is it possible to find somewhere cheap to stay the night that is closeish to croker and close to decent nightlife. even a few decent pubs would suffice.
    Croke Park is within walking distance of the north city so anywhere in the Dublin 1 post code should suffice.

You could also consider hotels with a 'room rate' rather than a per person rate and throw a few lads into it.

Enjoy the game and your night.

(What part of Donegal are you coming from?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

thx, is it possible to book a room and then some of the lads just sneak in for the night? or is that what you meant?? yeah all the way from the big city of letterkenny!!

ill take a look at b & b's in the dublin 1 postcode!!

thx, is it possible to book a room and then some of the lads just sneak in for the night? or is that what you meant??
    I'm not sure what the story is officially but it has been done!
    derossi wrote:
    yeah all the way from the big city of letterkenny!!
    Tell them all in The Orchard Inn, McGinley's and The Cottage that I was asking for them! ;)
    derossi wrote:
    ill take a look at b & b's in the dublin 1 postcode!!
    The Drumcondra area in Dublin 9(?) would be the nearest 'pub' area to Croke Park. You could look around there also.

Anyone else out there with better info?

ill prob need to be drunk too attempt that "hey everyone, wishbone ash says hello!" but ill give it a go:D thx for the info!

ill prob need to be drunk too attempt that "hey everyone, wishbone ash says hello!" but ill give it a go:D
    LOL :D

• Advertisement

i just booked the charles stewart guest house which is in 5/6 Parnell Square, Dublin 1. it doesnt have parking, is there somewhere near here that has parking??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

There's on street parking on Parnell Sq north, not sure what hours you have to pay.

Marlborough Street car park (01 8748902) and Parnell Street car park (01 8722413) are within a few minutes walk.

I presume they do a special overnight rate.

The Ilac centre is also nearby but I don't have a contact no. for the car park.

your a gent, number saved in the phone......oh and come on ireland!!!!:D and cheers mark!

Here's a bit of a map so you can get your bearings. Your accommodation is very central - only seconds from O'Connell Street.

Dublin111008.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's a hotel opposite Croker, not sure of the name. As for Wednesday, just bought a nice bucket of paint to watch it dry on Wednesday.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

The hotel across the road is Jurys. Great hotel but anything but cheap. For lads up for the match get somewhere in the city.

Advertisement