Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog spayed-still bleeding

Options
  • 11-10-2008 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

My dog was spayed a year ago but ive noticed that every couple of weeks she bleeds a little bit- nothing that you would really notice but i just see her licking herself a lot. Is this normal and what causes it ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ASIL1983 wrote: »
    My dog was spayed a year ago but ive noticed that every couple of weeks she bleeds a little bit- nothing that you would really notice but i just see her licking herself a lot. Is this normal and what causes it ?

Hmm she could have had an incomplete spay, if you do a search on it there are a few threads.

basically she could have been left with some tissue when she was spayed, tho bleeding every couple of weeks is pretty frequent.

Have you brought her back to the vet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ASIL1983

Ive done a search but ive found noone else with the same problem.
    And no ive not brought her back, ive only noticed it recently and it doesnt seem to last very long

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Could be anything could be they didn't remove everything when she was spayed or could be something else altogether could be a mild urine infection could be a sign of something more serious. Best off getting the vet to check her out to find out the cause.

Advertisement