Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Courses

Options
  • 11-10-2008 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Heya Lads,
    just wondering is there any courses out there that will show you have to service and maintanence cars.
    I dont know anything about cars to be honest, engine wise etc, would like to learn abit
    Im looking for Part time evening course in Dublin

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Your local VEC probably has a course of that sort in it's listing.

This is my local one

http://www.clvec.ie/courses.cfm/recordid/1138/Provider_Key/121/section/details/aID/18/CatName/Courses.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Heya Lads,
    just wondering is there any courses out there that will show you have to service and maintanence cars.
    I dont know anything about cars to be honest, engine wise etc, would like to learn abit
    Im looking for Part time evening course in Dublin

Thanks for your help.

I did a 6 or 8 week evening course a few years ago in "Motor vehicle mechanicals and maintenance" at Ringsend, sounds like the sort of thing you are looking for.

It was the only one running in the city at that time due to lack of numbers, and only just about went ahead with 7 people in the class.

To be honest, I didn't learn anything that I hadn't already done following a Haynes manual. The demo engine used was a 1964 Ford Anglia 997cc block, so the relevance to my 2.0 Diesel in the car I was driving at the time was negliable (sp?).

Can't remeber where we got the details from as my mate booked it all and the company paid for us both.

Advertisement