Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5310 or Samsung u800?

• 11-10-2008 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

I am in need of a new phone and these two phones looked the most promising.

I was looking for a slim phone with FM radio and MP3 and it seems that both these phones seem to fit in that bracket.

I am with Meteor Pay as you Go so they are offering the 5310 for €149 with 50 free songs, and the u800 is €189.

I heard a lot of problems with the 5310 though. Everyone I know with one has had to have it repaired, some a few times. Just a coincidence?

So which is the better phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

VonLuck wrote: »
    I am in need of a new phone and these two phones looked the most promising.

I was looking for a slim phone with FM radio and MP3 and it seems that both these phones seem to fit in that bracket.

I am with Meteor Pay as you Go so they are offering the 5310 for €149 with 50 free songs, and the u800 is €189.

I heard a lot of problems with the 5310 though. Everyone I know with one has had to have it repaired, some a few times. Just a coincidence?

So which is the better phone?

I'd recommend having a long play with the Samsung before buying at, alot of people don't like the interface/buttons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭VonLuck

dubber wrote: »
    I'd recommend having a long play with the Samsung before buying at, alot of people don't like the interface/buttons etc.

Hmm. I am used to Nokia's interface and have never used a Samsung. Thought never crossed my mind.

The problem is though that they only have a display model in the shops, and no one I know has a Samsung so that'll be tricky...

Advertisement