Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC 09 Geography Predictions!!

Options
  • 11-10-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hey guys.. Repeating this year and taking up geog as a subject and i really havn't a clue what i'm at! Don't really have the time to be stuying EVERYTHING so has anyone got topics that are due to come up 'cause it'd be so helpful! Thanks :);)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 seanflynn

how do you make the thing u did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭catrina101

seanflynn wrote: »
    how do you make the thing u did
    the thread?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

catrina101 wrote: »
    Hey guys.. Repeating this year and taking up geog as a subject and i really havn't a clue what i'm at! Don't really have the time to be stuying EVERYTHING so has anyone got topics that are due to come up 'cause it'd be so helpful! Thanks :);)
    Know the basics of plate tectonics and igneous rocks etc....

Regions are fairly straight forward...Just read through them

Our teacher predicts that the Option Question (worth 20%) will be about an Irish Soil. So know that....

blue-army wrote: »
    Know the basics of plate tectonics and igneous rocks etc....

Regions are fairly straight forward...Just read through them

Our teacher predicts that the Option Question (worth 20%) will be about an Irish Soil. So know that....

it that the Geoecology yeah?
    thanks so much:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

it that the Geoecology yeah?
    thanks so much:D
    yeah it is......our teacher asked a few other geography teachers and said it's almost guaranteed to come up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

We were told to learn "human impact on soils" really well, don't know how reliable that prediction is.

blue-army wrote: »
    yeah it is......our teacher asked a few other geography teachers and said it's almost guaranteed to come up.
    thanks so much i'd be lost without your help :)
    bythewoods wrote: »
    We were told to learn "human impact on soils" really well, don't know how reliable that prediction is.
    great all help is appreciated lol!!
    thanks guys x

bythewoods wrote: »
    would that be like on a biome?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

would that be like on a biome?

No, human impact on a biome came up last year, didn't it?
    This would be on soils in general rather than one specific biome.
    So, you examine negative (desertification, deforestation, over- grazing, over-cropping etc) and positive (Afforestation, contour playing, etc).
    Well, that's what we were doing anyway.

Asking people for predictions is pointless. If you combined the predictions that every person could give you, you'd just have the entire course to study.

Best thing to do is just the study the course; that way there'll be no big shocks on the big day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Watchdog1Eye

I offer grinds in geography if your interested? I have model answers that I made myself when repeating. I've viewed my scripts and seen that each answer got full, or close to full, marks. Having repeated I know the syllabus like the back of my hand and can show you what to study and what not to. Send me a message if you'd be interested

Advertisement