Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Touch HD - have we finally got that iPhone killer?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

Thanks for the links KStaford... I think I'm finally sold on the Touch HD :D, now where did I put that letter to Santa :)

Hey sliced.....

you may not be alone there, as I say...watch this space (come on expansys, whats keeping you goddamittttt)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

KStaford wrote: »
    watch this space (come on expansys, whats keeping you goddamittttt)

Have you already placed your order from expansys? I'm planning to in the next couple of days... just waiting on SWMBO to pick herself a new phone too and I'll order both together :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭Deadly Delta

Think i'll hold off until this comes out.

HTC Max 4G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

HTC Max 4G

As long as you're fine with EDGE for browsing. A wimax phone isn't much good without a network.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ManAboutCouch

Got my Touch HD on Tuesday.

It's quite a step up from the Treo 650 I have been carting about for the last 3 and a bit years. The operating system is going to take a lot of getting used to - it isn't as slick as my mate's iPhone 3G for example, but the TouchFLO 3D interface is quite smooth and it comes close.

It was the flexibility of the device itself (user swappable memory & battery)and the active developer / hacker community that sold it to me. I fully expect to be able to load Android onto this device at some point in the next few months as a result of efforts going on around the net.

So, it it an iPhone killer? Probably not. Much in the same way that a Mac is not a PC killer, they appeal to different parts of the user community (and I say this as a Mac owner)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

HTC Max 4G

That link says it's the world's first Wimax handset.
    But i'm sure there have been one or two Korean Wimax (WiBro?) handsets knocking around for the past couple of years now.

Never saw that HTC 4G handset before this - nice find.
    VOIP over Wimax should be interesting.
    Any other plans from HTC anyone know?

HTC Max 4G

I just saw a screenshot of one connecting at something like 14mbps.
    :)
    Edit: It's in this link.
    http://www.windowsfordevices.com/news/NS6455399121.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mkennedy wrote: »
    I just saw a screenshot of one connecting at something like 14mbps.
    :)
    Edit: It's in this link.
    http://www.windowsfordevices.com/news/NS6455399121.html

Was that 14Mbps when nobody else was on the cell, stationary, with the wind at the user's back and 3 meters from the mast? :)

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Was that 14Mbps when nobody else was on the cell, stationary, with the wind at the user's back and 3 meters from the mast? :)

Yeah possibly :) having said that i was of the impression that wimax wouldn't have the same contention issues that 3G/HSDPA all seem to have.

Advertisement