Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semester 1 Exams, dates?

Options
  • 11-10-2008 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hey tried asking in SU and year head but they couldn't give me even an estimate. I'm trying to get away for 2 weeks during before or after exams in Jan'09. I could go away from end of December to 10 Jan or thereabouts, but that means I have to study while away, and I will do it if I can't get the dates of the exam soon because the flight prices just keep going up.

Anyone any idea even roughly of when the Exam timetable is up? I only have 4 exams, and assuming I start on the 12th monday, I might be finished on the friday, but that's not good enough to go shelling out 700€+ on a ticket unless I'm sure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I booked a trip last year on the last Friday, hoping my 4 exams would be finished by then, of course I had one that day...
    The timetables come out pretty late, second week in December or so I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Do we have the week of Jan 24th - Jan 31st off before we go back to college for the second semester?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 30d1a

my guess is that the exam timetable hasnt even been formally finished ...

best thing is to ask your year co-ordinator or drop down to the exams office to find out , but usually stuff isnt finalized until after review week (3 weeks from now)

there is a two week window for exams , academic weeks 14 and 15 , Monday 12th January - Friday 23rd , I wouldnt plan anythin for these dates until you hav an exact timetable ... and yes we do hav a week off before semester two starts

basically we're finished from 19th December to the 2nd February bar the exams and whatever else you have to do ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

The Academic Calendar is on the website. Semester 1 exams start on January 12th.

http://www.dit.ie/services/academic/calendar/

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

We've been given our dates 12th, 14th and 16th Jan. Id imagine the 12th is the first day for everyone. Im in Kev St by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

DaSilva wrote: »
    Hey tried asking in SU and year head but they couldn't give me even an estimate. I'm trying to get away for 2 weeks during before or after exams in Jan'09. I could go away from end of December to 10 Jan or thereabouts, but that means I have to study while away, and I will do it if I can't get the dates of the exam soon because the flight prices just keep going up.

Anyone any idea even roughly of when the Exam timetable is up? I only have 4 exams, and assuming I start on the 12th monday, I might be finished on the friday, but that's not good enough to go shelling out 700€+ on a ticket unless I'm sure.

Very much doubt you will be finished on the Friday. If you have 4 exams what they normally do is have on on the first wensday and the seond on the friday and the same in week 2. They spread them out as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lm19

:)Is there definitely a week off before sem 2 begins from the 26th-29th?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

There was last year!

Advertisement