Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

GG lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ruu wrote: »
    Congrats everyone, admins, mods and users. :) Smashing job.

WOO-HOO!! That includes me!

I'd like to thank myself for this award. Oh, and the rest of ye helped a little aswell, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You've won:

410726G89TL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,864 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Congrats to all.

Fully deserved and nice to see the site getting recognised for the great service it provides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Congrats to all, well deserved:).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well done on this gents. Fully deserved.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

SPEECH! SPEECH! SPEECH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Videos? anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Congrats to all concerned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Congrats, well deserved!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Feliz Navidad!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

boards mentioned on page 2 of todays metro

"irelands biggest online community, boards.ie has picked up a grand prix gong at the Irish web awards, where it also won the prize for best discussion forum. More than 300 people from the online community attended the ceremony. Kanchi.org won the most accessible website while focal.ie won for best Irish language site. Organizer damien mulley said: 'its a been a huge sucess and honour to be involved in an event like this and we are delighted with the feedback'"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Cremo wrote: »
    boards mentioned on page 2 of todays metro

"irelands biggest online community, boards.ie has picked up a grand prix gong at the Irish web awards, where it also won the prize for best discussion forum. More than 300 people from the online community attended the ceremony. Kanchi.org won the most accessible website while focal.ie won for best Irish language site. Organizer damien mulley said: 'its a been a huge sucess and honour to be involved in an event like this and we are delighted with the feedback'"

Yeah I saw that too. I wonder how much new registered users will jump today and in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Thanks for the support - it was great to win the best discussion forum, winning the best website was the icing on the cake.

You guys should pat yourselves on the back, without the mods/boardsies who devote their time to keep the site moving forward and those who share their knowledge, expertiese and boards would not be the place it is now. We would like to thank you for making it a success.

A big thanks to Damien, Rick and the rest of the awards team (more about them here) for the organisation and execution of the night, I would urge everyone to check out the sites that made the shortlist there are some great sites there and a few do not get the level attention they deserve.

If the Web Awards grow as quickly as the Blog Awards, we can look forward some great events over the next couple of years. For more on the awards check out www.awards.ie and Damien's blog has some stories from the night and links to other blogs on the awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Lookin' good....:D

2933424889_a563f48974_o.jpg
    2933426413_4bf9fb6d7e_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Congrats lads!

I mentioned Boards (mainly the paranormal forum :D) at the convention the weekend in a few interviews including one for Nationwide which goes out Halloween night ... hopefully the leave that bit of my waffling in and cut out the bit where I burp!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Well done boys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Congratulations to all concerned! Great achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats with all the double-u's :confused:

Mike

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

That's a ban for the PowerPoint guy!

treachery.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well done to all

• Subscribers Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Well done to all

especially the namechangers.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

copacetic wrote: »
    especially the namechangers.

Those responsible will pay!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Those responsible will pay!

not for their pints if I'm around!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Vexorg wrote: »
    If the Web Awards grow as quickly as the Blog Awards, we can look forward some great events over the next couple of years. For more on the awards check out www.awards.ie and Damien's blog has some stories from the night and links to other blogs on the awards.

Thanks for the links Gerry!
    mike65 wrote: »
    Whats with all the double-u's :confused:

For stealing. And it worked. The 3 giant Ws and the 60 odd smaller ones all got good homes. RTE.ie has a giant one somewhere and Muzu.tv, not sure there the other went...
    Dades wrote: »
    That's a ban for the PowerPoint guy!

treachery.jpg

No Powerpoint was used! Stealing that pic for the Awards blog btw

Edit: And thanks to Cult for changing my username, I did joke on Saturday that it only cost 20k to make them feel obliged to change my username for free and they did it seems! Thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Comhghairdeas a cháirde!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,365 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Congrats to all involved.

Bring me home a few sausie rolls and a bit of pavlova from the do.
    Ugg. No suasage rolls and no pavlova. My poo is still green from the cake icing though. :eek:

Advertisement