Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie questions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

daywalker wrote: »
    I was looking around the different online retailers and noticed that on airsoftworld.ie they have aeg's that fire at about half of the fps of other aeg's and cost a lot less
    e.g. http://www.airsoftworld.ie/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=15 and http://www.airsoftworld.ie/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=14.

My question is how is it that they fire at such a low speed, is it the internals or battery and can they be easily and cheaply upgraded to fire at closer to the legal limit? Are they even worth considering?

thanks,
    daywalker

The top one isn't really worth the upgrades you would spend more on the

parts than the guns worth.

The bottom one is the same thing really, your better of getting

something like a JG G36C, Eirsoft have them for €160....or even a JG AUG A3

which is similar to the bottom gun you linked to for €190. Both are brilliant

guns, which don't even need to be upgraded a bit. :)

Also are ya planning to skirmish with these or just shoot in the garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

right thanks for the advice.
    Blay wrote: »
    Also are ya planning to skirmish with these or just shoot in the garden?

Most likely skirmish though I haven't even gone to any airsoft meet, don't have any equipment yet, just getting info on the sport and looking at what's out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You'd be buying a lada and trying to build a ferrari out of it.

Buy a decent gun, as lpegs as they are known, cant take upgrades very well, due to ALL the parts being cheap.

Advertisement