Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do i do pc shop disaster

Options
  • 11-10-2008 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Sent my laptop in for repair about 2 months ago.Was late collecting it even though i never actaully agreed a time and date for collection,Any way went to collect it Friday to my shock shop is closed down no contact details left on shop window nothing!!!What do i do now?:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If the shop has gone bankrupt, then there's pretty much nothing you can do. I think you can get a solicitor to file your grievance with the liquidator, but consumers go to the bottom of a very long list of people who are owed money after a company goes under. Often, you'd be lucky to get in the order of 10c on the euro, but in reality, you'll probably get nothing.

If they've simply moved, then try their old phone number, businesses usually keep that when they move.

It's probably time to face reality though, your laptop is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

check with the cro to see what happened to the company/business

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

And here's the page that I saved earlier :D

http://www.cro.ie/search/

Advertisement