Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Byrne's Balbriggan

Options
  • 12-10-2008 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Hi guys - quick quistion please.

My sisters b/f is travelling to Byrne's auto, Balbriggan next week to buy a car that he has only ever seen on their web site. He has been speaking to the sales guy there on phone, and have more or less done the deal - €1000- less than the original asking price - and no guarantee - that's part of the deal.

Has anyone out there had any dealings with this company ? - are they reputable ? - main reason for asking is €1000 less than original asking price sounds dodgy - I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Jap Import? I'd bring a mechanic along to check it out before any money is handed over.. Esp. from Byrnes in Balbriggan..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Let me put it this way ...

If ...in all the excitement of wanting that particular car and wanting to do that particular deal ...yer man buys a car without checking it properly and it then turns out to be a dud ...you couldn't REALLY shift all the blame to the dealer, now could you?

Especially if "no warranty" was part of the deal.

Therefore ...relying on hearsay about that particular dealer is somewhat besides the point.

Which leads me to closing this thread before someone else insinuates all sorts without proof :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement