Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 3120 security code problem

• 12-10-2008 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭

i bought one 2 weeks ago on upgrade and the last few days it's messed up it keeps turnin on and off repeatedly
    anyway i tried to restore factory settins and i think whisht said the security code was 123456, i thought it was 12345, tried both of them and it says wrong code, when i got the phone i noticed the security seal was broke on the box and took nothin of it but now i'm thinkin it was used when i bought it, what chance have i got of provin it if any

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Try 0000 or 00000.

Otherwise you will have to send it away to the repair centre to have the code reset. You'll need your receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

i've tried both of them and they dont work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

It was drunkmonkey said 12345 in the other thread, but he's right. That's the default security code. Very odd that its not working for you alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

As you mentioned the seal was broken when you first received the handset, I would say the handset was previous used and the security code changed also. I would recommend contacting the Nokia helpdesk who should be able to assist in resetting the security code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

How many codes did you try before you tried what should be the default one? I've tried a number of wrong codes previously and it essentially locks the phone out (i.e. it won't accept the right code even) for a short while. I tried a few hours later and it worked fine.

• Advertisement

If you download NSS (Nemesis Service Suite) for Nokias, I can guide you through how to get your security code if you have a suitable usb cable

Rsaeire wrote: »
    As you mentioned the seal was broken when you first received the handset, I would say the handset was previous used and the security code changed also. I would recommend contacting the Nokia helpdesk who should be able to assist in resetting the security code.
    i rang meteor about it and they checked when the phone was first used, it was when i bought it but he said somone could of bein messin around with it in store
    Random wrote: »
    How many codes did you try before you tried what should be the default one? I've tried a number of wrong codes previously and it essentially locks the phone out (i.e. it won't accept the right code even) for a short while. I tried a few hours later and it worked fine.
    first i tried 12345 cos i know its the default one then i tried 00000
    whisht wrote: »
    If you download NSS (Nemesis Service Suite) for Nokias, I can guide you through how to get your security code if you have a suitable usb cable
    where can i get it and thanks for the help

i think i've found how to do it thanks

EDIT: it worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think the new Nokia phones ask you to create a security code when you first go to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

If anyone else has this problem, some of the online calculator sites can work out the longer master security code, which allows the 5 digit one to be reset.

e.g for Nokia DCT4 phones, near the top of the page on http://www.trycktill.com/eng/unlock_swe.asp

• Advertisement

i used to have makavelis code generator on my 6680

andy0 wrote: »
    If anyone else has this problem, some of the online calculator sites can work out the longer master security code, which allows the 5 digit one to be reset.

e.g for Nokia DCT4 phones, near the top of the page on http://www.trycktill.com/eng/unlock_swe.asp

This is no use for this phone as its a BB5 phone and you cant generate a master code for a BB5

guil07 wrote: »
    i used to have makavelis code generator on my 6680

Did you get sorted anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

whisht wrote: »

any chance you'd pm instructions, would i be right in thinking you can use it to reset the code too?

Advertisement