Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding an apartment

Options
  • 12-10-2008 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I need some help finding an apartment. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment in D4. I live with my wife and 8 month old son. Our contract ends on DEC 1st. We can't find anywhere to move too that is reasonable.

We tried daft, let.ie et al

But no luck. We can't afford the asking prices :(

If anyone has any information that could help us, please message me.

Regards,
    Joe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

rent allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Our contract is up in DEC 1st

Rent allowance is only for un-employed. We would be waiting on the housing list for at least 3-4years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

How far out from D4 have you been looking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

move further out of town.

You should be able to get some bargains at the moment, there are loads of apartments that the buy to let guys bought up that are now empty.

Oh, yeah, ignore the asking price, look for somewhere €200 above what you can afford and make them an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Thanks for the replies guys.

We were looking for somewhere in D1,D2,D4,D6,D8

Unfortunatley for us these are the most expensive areas. We have enrolled our son in school and our GP is great, so these were 2 main reasons for staying within walking distance.

Rents are begining to fall, but as always, the inner city holds out due to location.

Guys do you know any more sites?

• Advertisement
Advertisement