Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salad with Orange

• 12-10-2008 6:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

This may sound like a strange question seeming as in Ireland it's heading for winter but here in NZ we had a weekend of the most glorious suny weather. I have friends coming over soon and we're haing a pot-luck dinner eating out on the picnic table. I've made a few of the usual salads for it but I wanted to make a citrus kind of one with orange in it. I couldn't find anything that took my fancy online. I know I had a rice kind of one at a friends before but that was a while ago. Anyone have any suggestions for tried and trusted summer recipes using orange?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Chicory, orange, roast beetroot and hazelnuts, dress with creme fraiche. Either cut the ingredients into large pieces and mix in a bowl with a couple of tbsps of oil and some salt & pepper, or for a fancy way of serving it, dice the orange segments and beetroot, lightly crush the hazelnuts and mix together with oil and seasonings. Separate the chicory into single leaves. Put a dollop of creme fraiche on a chicory leaf and spread it a little - then pile on the other ingredients. Arrange on a platter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,057 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Fennel with orange.

Slice the fennel as thinly as you can and mix up with a segmented orange a little white wine vinegar, small dash of light olive oil,small sprinkle of sugar and some salt.
    yumm!!

Advertisement