Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss BR-1200

Options
  • 12-10-2008 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Lads, maybe you can help me?

I have been trying to find a price for selling on my BR1200 but just don't know what to charge. I'm not in any huge rush to sell it and it's only been used once or twice. I still have the receipt to.

What do ya'll reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

*Tripper* wrote: »
    Lads, maybe you can help me?

I have been trying to find a price for selling on my BR1200 but just don't know what to charge. I'm not in any huge rush to sell it and it's only been used once or twice. I still have the receipt to.

What do ya'll reckon?

Secondhand for As New is usually 50 to 60% of bought price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Secondhand for As New is usually 50 to 60% of bought price.

That seems low to me for something that's only been used twice. I would have thought 65% to 80%, depending on the general desirability and how important warranty may be.

Maybe you could do a swap with someone for another peice of kit?

frobisher wrote: »
    That seems low to me for something that's only been used twice. I would have thought 65% to 80%, depending on the general desirability and how important warranty may be.

Maybe you could do a swap with someone for another peice of kit?

Yes it's hard get value as a secondhand seller. Check Adverts.ie and see what I mean , tis a buyers market.

50 to 60 is the norm I've seen. Though, I guess, anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Yes it's hard get value as a secondhand seller. Check Adverts.ie and see what I mean , tis a buyers market.

50 to 60 is the norm I've seen. Though, I guess, anything is possible.

To me the music equipment section of adverts.ie is the place above all others that is a buyers market. There are other places, B&S being the one I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Seany

I sold a Boss BR 1600 about 2 years ago for €550.

Recently bought a Yamaha 16G for €250 to record band rehearsal.

These things have come down in price a lot as most people seem to be going down the mbox & protools route.

I'd say you'd get between €300-400 for your BR1200 at the moment

• Advertisement

The average price for the last couple sold on Ebay Uk was Euro 316 approx . Mr T's price is Euro 689.

Advertisement