Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sore lip...

• 12-10-2008 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Ok, so about 4 months ago I got my lip pierced, and it's all fine now. About a month ago I put in a ring, and that was also fine, no swelling or reactions to it. Then about a week ago, when i got a bf, it has started getting sore from all the movement ya know. It's not really sore, but it's an annoying pain and it swells up a small bit..and i'm pretty certain it's not an infection, as it looks healthy besides the swelling.
    Would it help putting in a plain bar or what? I love the ring, but, I don't think I can give up kissing :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Strange one, never had any issues with smooching when I wore a ring.
    It could be too tight or maybe he's being a bit too rough and tugging on it causing the irritation. No clue tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    Ok, so about 4 months ago I got my lip pierced, and it's all fine now. About a month ago I put in a ring, and that was also fine, no swelling or reactions to it. Then about a week ago, when i got a bf, it has started getting sore from all the movement ya know. It's not really sore, but it's an annoying pain and it swells up a small bit..and i'm pretty certain it's not an infection, as it looks healthy besides the swelling.
    Would it help putting in a plain bar or what? I love the ring, but, I don't think I can give up kissing :P

I had a similar problem, when i first got it done, about 3months afterwards - it started swelling again, pissed me off, but I soon copped on it was from tugging at it, bf used to do it all the time.

If your going back to a bar, get the metal one - I dunno why but when i changed bars from plastic to metal, it healed quicker. If that makes sense?

Lol best of luck either way. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I got a bar put back in today, and apparently the hole had stretched a bit, ouch :(. hopefully it'll get better soon.

Thanks for the advices:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Vixen Sexlectra

A little hint too, if you don't wanna hurt/chip your teeth with the disk on the back of the labret, change bar to a standard eyebrow bar.. use the smallest ball possible in the inside bit and whatever you want on outside and away ya go..
    Good Luck with it all Girl :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

A ball would cause more damage to teeth than the flat disk on a labret post though.
    That's why the inside of the labret post is flat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement