Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightscribe CD's

• 12-10-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen them anywhere cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A few places online have them reasonable but the shipping charges are the downfall. What have you been getting them for? How many do you need to buy?
    Discs.ie have a range, shipping is €8.99 though, use 'apology' to get 5% off

Another option shipping is €12.95 for up to 30Kgs to ireland

Dabs.ie shipping is €12.60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

davton wrote: »
    A few places online have them reasonable but the shipping charges are the downfall. What have you been getting them for? How many do you need to buy?
    Discs.ie have a range, shipping is €8.99 though, use 'apology' to get 5% off

Another option shipping is €12.95 for up to 30Kgs to ireland

Dabs.ie shipping is €12.60

I haven't actually used it yet. My laptop has it and I need to start sending CD's to people so though it might be a good solution. But I haven't actually seen it, does it look good?!

Basic explanation Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Basic explanation Here

Thanks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Basic explanation Here

Wow... you learn something new everyday... I never even knew these existed. I'd heard the term lightscribe before but just thought it was a fancy protocol for the burning of data to discs.

Cheers for the education Davton.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

I just ordered one for my studio to give to clients as a special touch. It takes 28 minutes to burn the design which is a very long time so only one per client (lol) Is there nowhere in Dublin where I can buy the lightscribe discs?

dav nagle wrote: »
    I just ordered one for my studio to give to clients as a special touch. It takes 28 minutes to burn the design which is a very long time so only one per client (lol) Is there nowhere in Dublin where I can buy the lightscribe discs?

Plenty places have them, PcWorld etc
    Just wont be as cheap as online.

Plenty places have them, PcWorld etc
    Just wont be as cheap as online.

Thanks a mill Davton!

I just got my lightscribe today and I see there are very cool templates on their web site. How do you use these templates? When I download say the 'music' graphics zip I don't know where to put them?

Please help!!!

Advertisement