Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting double-glazed windows mended

Options
  • 12-10-2008 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

One of my double-glazed windows - a fancy kind that opens from the top, and separately swings inward to open totally - has gone wrong, and I need to get it mended. Who does this?

(Sorry to post this in DIY - can't see myself doing it myself - but there isn't any non-DIY house mending forum that I can see.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

luckat wrote: »
    One of my double-glazed windows - a fancy kind that opens from the top, and separately swings inward to open totally - has gone wrong, and I need to get it mended. Who does this?

(Sorry to post this in DIY - can't see myself doing it myself - but there isn't any non-DIY house mending forum that I can see.)

Any competant glazier should be able to do this for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

The glass isn't the problem, it's the frame.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

A glazier/window installer is indeed the guy to sort it out for you, as both areas now go hand in hand, as correctly suggested by S.L.F

Sounds like a tilt,n,turn mechanism, it will be second nature for any half decent installer, its not rocket science so you can rest assured that its easily fixed .

kadman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Tilt and turn, the very thing. OK, so I want a half decent installer. Hm.

Thanks for that, got a couple of names in the local window shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

I've PM'd you the names of the 2 men I normally use when getting glazing work done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement