Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lahinch

Options
  • 12-10-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Does anyonr know whats the best time to surf lahinch low, mid or high tide? Id appreciate some guidence!
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭badolepuddytat

Personally I don't like it at high tide with the waves breaking on the rocks, if you're on a short board and happy enough to get out through that go for it, you'll know your own limits. Keeping control of a longboard and fighting your way out is pretty tough unless you're very strong and proficient and then you've to get back into exactly the right area so you're not lugging your board on the rocks. Low to mid is my fave time for Lahinch but lots of people do go out at high tide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭COOKSTER

Lahinch is very tricky on high tide as the waves tend to go out with as much force as they go in, so if you are anywhere along the beach you might feel like the waves are good, however it can just be the rhythm of 2 waves travelling in opposite directions coming together = big peak but no power in either direction. Also a slight longshore drift can make it harder to hit the ramps if you are trying to exit on a more bouyant board.
    I generally go for a mid tide. if it is rising get in a bit early cos once it starts to lap at the rocks it won't be long until you are in the above position.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

I like lahinch at mid-high tide. I could be completely off the mark but it seems the waves there seem to have a better shape as the tide pushes in. I surfed through the high tide once and it was a great session. Must have been a lowish high tide coz usually its unsurfable there 2 hours before and after high tide.

Advertisement