Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Bluetooth GPS receiver for N95

• 12-10-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi, I was considering getting a Bluetooth GPS receiver for my N95, because over the last year, my N95 takes forever to get a full signal, even out in the open.
    I don't want to spend anything too much, I rarely use the GPS function on my phone, but for the odd times I do I'd like a full signal.
    Could anyone point me in the direction of a cheap(ish) one on eBay, or anywhere, that does the job.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I got one of these recently to work with my Nokia N800.

It works well and it's small (about the size of a bic lighter). Shipping was three or four days I think and got it for less than €40 including postage.
    Signal acquisition is usually less than a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If you have up to date firmware and a data connection then an external receiver is not any better ( I have one from previous use and found no difference).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

this is a good link to improve GPS lock

http://www.simplysymbian.com/2007/08/16/how-to-use-the-nokia-n95-gpsa-gps/

I have found maps 2.0 much faster to get GPS lock. Network assist really helps too. I think the receiver is under the slider so I believe if you have the phone open should get a lock faster, but not sure about this. Am using it with garmin xp and maps 2.0 found gps lock very fast, within 1 min in a city. I would not have noticed it as an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Problem is my phone won't work with a SIM card, I'm using it without one.
    Thats why I need an external GPS receiver

Advertisement