Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another rent allowance question

• 12-10-2008 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi guys, i have a friend who is a single mother,shes living at her mothers home which is qiuiet far from her work and shes miserable there.she doesnt have any savings to move into a place herself so i was wondering what the story with rent allowance is?ive heard that you have to be living in a place and able to prove you could pay the rent before you can apply for rent allowance?does anyone know how much rent allowance for a single parent taking full time care of a baby is?i know if she goes on a housing list she could be waiting years!also she would want to be living closer to her work i think rent allowance might not cover the amount, is she allowed to add money to the rent herself? like if rent allowance is 1100 and the place is 1200 can she just pay the 100 herself? thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

To be eligible for rent supplement you must meet certain criteria including being on the local authority housing list.
    For more information, go to www.citizensinformation.ie and search for 'rent supplement'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

She has to pay some herself as far as I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

Thanks for the replys-shes just trying to get on with her life the best she can and for her baby but it seems to be fairly hard to find out the info.it sounds like the people who are giving out the "help" can be very unpleasant and make you feel very small and they seem to change there minds so i thought id throw this out there to see if i can any help,thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Has she tried the citizens advice bureau?

Advertisement