Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum to Greenhills?

Options
  • 12-10-2008 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Starting a new job on the Greenhills Rd tomorrow and I'll be driving from Dundrum. I know there's a few different ways - M50 - Tallaght bypass - greenhills Rd. Dundrum - Rathfarnham - Templeogue Bridge - Tallaght bypass - Greenhills Rd. Dundrum - Rathfarnham - Terenure - Walkinstown roundabout - Greenhills Rd. I'm just wondering if anyone does the commute and know's whats fastest and how long it will take me to get there for 9am or if there's any other route? I'm heading for the Tallaght end of Greenhills Road, near Power City.

Please and thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

hmm i'm not 100% sure if you've covered this already but theres a way through limekiln. If you go over the templeogue braidge and keep going straight, past cypress downs take a left at the roundabout keep going till you come to another roundabout and take another left there then the second right, follow that road right around and you'll end up at the bottom of the windy greenhills road next to lidl.think itd take about 30 mins but no idea in traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

What would be the first major road you get on in Dundrum? Makes a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Tragedy wrote: »
    What would be the first major road you get on in Dundrum? Makes a big difference.

@ChickCool thanks, I'll try that too. I think I'll end up trying them all this week to see what works.

@Tragedy I live at the Tesco roundabout at the shopping centre, I'd be exiting my estate right onto the Dundrum bypass. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I'd go this way op.

But give the M50 route a go once, as far as I know it's absolutely jammers at dundrum junction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Thanks a million for that. Tried it this morning and tried Dundrum - Terenure - KCR - Greenhills on Tuesday. Both take about an hour to get in for 9 but I'm moving hours to 8 - 4 from Monday so should be all good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

elmyra wrote: »
    Thanks a million for that. Tried it this morning and tried Dundrum - Terenure - KCR - Greenhills on Tuesday. Both take about an hour to get in for 9 but I'm moving hours to 8 - 4 from Monday so should be all good!
    Except that you'll have to get up earlier. :(

Advertisement