Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom] some webpages not opening

Options
  • 12-10-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, wondering if anyone else is having issues with some webpages not opening with Eircom? I haven't been able to get Livejournal to open for two days and youtube comes and goes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

hey ive been getting this to

f_Untitledm_acf5110.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Same prob guys, are you guys using opendns? I am and having the problem, I'm doubting its opendns is the cause but I mite try using eircons own one later :S :pac:

Nick

Just a update, I think the problem is with opendns, as using eircons own works fine:
    Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

Nick

hey nick how exactly did u
    fix it,
    im using vista :) i went to my settings thing and them dns numbers u mentioned are the same i have here
    cheers

akenny01 wrote: »
    hey nick how exactly did u
    fix it,
    im using vista :) i went to my settings thing and them dns numbers u mentioned are the same i have here
    cheers

My opendns settings are saved on the router, too much stress to go changing em with other family online so I changed them on my pc, to change them on your machine, check THIS GUIDE if on vista, open network and sharing centre, view status of connection, click properties, should see same screen as linked

Edit: Change settings for Internet Protocol Version 4

Nick

• Advertisement

nick you legend it works :) thanks,

will these settings all be ok from now on, yeah? :D

its gone now already lol :(

akenny01 wrote: »
    its gone now already lol :(

Youtube still working fine here m8

Nick

what DNS should i put in man its just goin for me :(

The ones I posted above man, Youtube loads and vids play fine:
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2h2ky6s.jpg

See this pic, List the stages

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

I'm having these problems too, I've noticed it seems to be resolving IP addresses from America.

I spotted it about 2 days ago, and i presumed it was OpenDNS so switched back to eircoms DNS but still no joy. It's a pain in the ass is what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I am having the same problem. I use opendns all the time.

Youtube has now again quit working, must be eircons problem I would imagine...

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TheElf wrote: »
    I'm having these problems too, I've noticed it seems to be resolving IP addresses from America.

I spotted it about 2 days ago, and i presumed it was OpenDNS so switched back to eircoms DNS but still no joy. It's a pain in the ass is what it is!

Same here - but was using eircom DNS all the time

Seven Worlds will Collide

:( its back now for the time being, it just comes n goes, damn you eircom :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Also on OpenDNS. Issues loading youtube.ie, Facebook and others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Im having problems loading some sites also, id say its more to do with eircom than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RFHost

Ya it appears to be some kind of routing issue to certain networks. Seems to be primarily affecting US based sites.

Doesn't look like a DNS issue to me as the domains resolve to an IP but just have no connectivity. Traceroute is also showing some weird results. Definitely looks like some kind of intermittent peering issue between eircom and other networks. Very annoying I hope someone notices soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

Seems OK for me now....but for how long?

EDIT: Never mind, as soon as I posted this my Youtube video stopped dead in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Having the same problem for last two days. Why would this only affect certain sites such as Chud.com or thepropertypin.com and not others? It's very annoying, going to ring Eircom in the morning.

• Advertisement

I dont know how anybody is still on eircon.

I hope the reason is yous have no other choice.

i want to switch to BT asap . im 16 btw so i kinda hav no choice, trying to convince me da to get 8mb on bt . as i aint getting 8mb on eircom cos its limited :( . only unlimited for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Same problem here. No issues with youtube that I've seen but lots of issues with apples Website and the playstation network. I'm using OpenDNS, has it been confirmed that this is an issue with Eircom and not with them?

Same problem here. No issues with youtube that I've seen but lots of issues with apples Website and the playstation network. I'm using OpenDNS, has it been confirmed that this is an issue with Eircom and not with them?

Eircom. As using either opendns or eircoms one leads to same results

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Seemed to have resolved at around 6:20 this morning. Might have been a fluke though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

ethernet wrote: »
    Seemed to have resolved at around 6:20 this morning. Might have been a fluke though.

I'm still having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

rang eircom and big surprise they were of no help at all - they told me it was an issue with my browser settings even thou I pointed out I had tired using 3 different browsers [firefox, safrai and explorer] and I've also tired using both my iMac and my laptop and have the same results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

ethernet wrote: »

Yea,was able to get the site I was looking for www.irts.ie (hosted in US) earlier this morning but gone again.
    I can get through using a proxy server.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

Having the same problems here. Internet has been generally slow this weekend aswell.
    Can't access the american dell website or parts of the irish one.
    Eircom really need to get they're act together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

Im with UPC and im having the same problem.

Advertisement