Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom] some webpages not opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

right rang eircom again - on hold forever but got through to a much nicer person who actually listened to me and didn't just tell me it was my problem. He checked something at his end and at the moment everything seems to be working again - shall see if it lasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

Was just in work and it was working fine in there, They have an Eircom Business line. So it must only be home broadband customers being effected!, For now I have an SSH tunnel set through work and just using the net in there from home. Temp solution for me for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

I had the same issue at the weekend. Couldnt access a site from home, a friend on NTL said it was working for him, and lo and behold it works fine in work here with a eircom business line.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Today I've had issues with gmail youtube newsgator and the playstation network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i cant get onto my ps3 clan forum, its an irish site but hosted in the US
    tried playing with dsl settings, ive no problem with any sites only this one (in sig) wtf
    been like this over 24 hours now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Working fine for me. There is worrying randomness about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 marchanlon

I had some troubles at the weekend (problems reaching some sites) but things seem better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ditto here. Been having crap connection speeds and time outs for the past week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I've been using the site below for the past year, almost every day and never had a problem ...... can't get into it now for the past 48 hours or so (U.S. based) ...... cannot find server is the message I get .....

http://www.rcgroups.com

can someone try it for me and report back .......

ps. Eircom email was down for me for 24 hours yesterday (I have to use it a lot) ...... now it's back and working fine since this morning ..... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Zoobie

RCGroups.com is working for me (Eircom using their DNS servers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bazza76

I am having the same problem lads.
    I cant log into one site in particular, it was two sites, but now it is down to one, both are based in the US.
    Anyone know what the next step is?
    Is there a handy email address I could email eircom support to get it resolved (am in work)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 daveyb

I cant get to http://www.autodesk.com/ since the weekend either. Has anyone got a response from Eircom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Im getting some serious issues with connecting to US based sites. Constant pings show replies now and again but mostly timing out. Same sites work over both NTL and IBB, so its a definite Eircom problem. Im getting the same issue on Eircom home and business lines so its an Eircom network issue. And its not a DNS issue, using ip addresses for connecting.. :mad::mad:

Seems OK for me now...

*Please don't be a jinx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bazza76

I am in too

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MarkoF

Was having similar problems for the last two days.

Have just reset the router (Linksys) and problems have vanished - for now at least.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

You guys should try Web2.0 I've heard that's better.

But seriously; on Eircom using OpenDNS servers, haven't noticed this problem, although switching to OpenDNS did solve my problem of pages hanging for 20-30 seconds. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

and the U.S. site(s) I couldn't get into for the past two days are now ok too ...... didn't change/do anything ...... started working ok approx an hour ago .......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

back to normal for me now also, but defo an eircom problem ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Have just been onto an Eircom tech support agent who confirmed that there was a recognised issue which staff had been informed just this afternoon had been resolved.

He said it was definitely an Eircom issue and their "systems had now been rebooted". He claimed that staff had not been informed what exactly the problem was, only that it had now been resolved.

While reading out the email he said staff had received he muttered something about AT&T but wouldn't elaborate.

It would help if Eircom put a note on their website informing their customers of the problem instead of having us speculate and procrastinate :mad:

Fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mashedpotatoman

This absolutely is not fixed. youtube is not loading for me now, as well as many other sites being horribly slow. This problem also seems to be affecting trackmania, where the main servers aren't responding, and I'm getting massive packet loss on others.

I detest customer support who lie repeatedly for no good reason. I don't want an excuse; I just want to know what the problem is.

This absolutely is not fixed. youtube is not loading for me now, as well as many other sites being horribly slow. This problem also seems to be affecting trackmania, where the main servers aren't responding, and I'm getting massive packet loss on others.

I detest customer support who lie repeatedly for no good reason. I don't want an excuse; I just want to know what the problem is.

Still seems ok here for me, maybe they're only sorting it location at a time or something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Still fairly patchy here, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Its still hit and miss, it got very bad between 17:30 and 19:00, very slow and a lot of dropped connections. The service I've got with Eircom over the past month is making me want to change ISP, they have been great over the past 3 years for me but now my connection is worse than ever even when I was on 512k. I can't play online or do any big downloads with this 3meg connection, I could with a 1meg ffs.

If they don't get their act together in the next week or two I'm going to BT.

If they don't get their act together in the next week or two I'm going to BT.
    Judging from the BT threads in this board most eircom network problems affect them too. NTL have been pestering me lately and it is sounding more and more tempting, despite the utter **** that is their TV service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gavlong

I've been having the problem too, but I just tried a hard reset of my router, i.e. stuck a pin into the reset switch. It all seems to be back to normal.

Maybe you should give it a try.

--
    Cheers,
    Gav.

gavlong wrote: »
    I've been having the problem too, but I just tried a hard reset of my router, i.e. stuck a pin into the reset switch. It all seems to be back to normal.

Maybe you should give it a try.

--
    Cheers,
    Gav.

It is back to normal now without me doing anything. But I doubt it will last. Ask yourself: why would my DSL modem take a dislike to one particular domain when it doesn't actually have to do any routing of that traffic, just stick it on the pipe? Clearly eircom are routing all their traffic to youtube over a piece of string in Arkansas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Caravaggio

I'm having the same issues. I've a business connection.
    It's definitely not fixed yet. I can get to the affected sites through a proxy but that's just a pain in the arse as far as I'm concerned.

Never had a problem with Eircom service before, either. Just wish they'd at least let their customers know that they're working to fix the problem but no, they say nothing.

Really pissed off tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

I have had this problem for quite a while as well, usualy its too bad, maybe every 1 in 10 pages might not load, depending on websites. Today it was very bad though, some websites flat out refuse to work properly. My connection to world of warcraft works perfectly however, not a single disconnect. I dont know if its there dns or some other network issue.

Advertisement