Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom] some webpages not opening

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Yep. Just as bad as ever. I don't necessarily blame the call centre staff who are simply parroting whatever line they've been fed by management.

It's gone beyond a joke now though. For the past 3-4 days, especially in the evenings, speedtest.net gives me a little over 550kbps download and around 100kbps upload for a supposed 3 mb connection!

Why are Eircom being so secretive about this issue? Why no information on their website or public statement?

Looks like I'm back on the phone tomorrow:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

TheElf wrote: »
    Still seems ok here for me, maybe they're only sorting it location at a time or something?

Right, it seems it isn't fixed. It's just a differnt group of sites that won't load for me now, still all US based.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Same problem here.

It's been coming and going since Saturday morning. Not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Same here. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RFHost

Yep also same here. Problem seems to have moved to a different set of routes now.

Sites that were not working yesterday are working now but a bunch of new ones are broken. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I am checking my pings and every one that times out seems to be on a certain route. All the sites are U.S. based. It looks like whats happening is that its losing connecting to some server and trying to reroute but timing out when it cannot find a new route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Pings to various sites are timing out for myself as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Right. B*tching about it to each other here is not going to get anything done.

Everyone affected should contact Eircom tomorrow (even if they have already done so). I was on to them today but plan on calling again tomorrow.

Yes, we'll end up speaking to some script monkeys (can't blame them really, they're just doing what they're told), but if enough customers complain they'll have to sit up, take notice and stop pretending there's nothing wrong.

Advertisement