Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any chuck Palahnuik fans?

Options
  • 12-10-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

Just finished reading lullaby, excellent novel just as good as fight club.
    Any other CP fans on boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

Read Haunted a few months ago, some people would probably think its a bit disturbing but I thought it was fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Yup, but I've only read 'Fight Club' thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

He can be very good but he's a bit hit and miss for me.
    I loved Survivor, Diary and Choke. I thought Haunted and Non-Fiction were a bit boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

He's pretty poor imo. Stories don't have anything going for them stylistically and he can't end a book. (I think there was a thread on this before). Fight club the film was 100 times better than the book-there I said it! And the reason being that the script writers were able to narrow it down to a few key themes, and really work up the intensity in a way that the book never did, because it flitted from topic to topic without really trying to make any of them matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

His writing style is what makes him unique, i love his constant use of metaphors.

Have enjoyed every novel of his as each is something unique.Pretty hard to find all his books though, i bought them all when i was in JFK airport

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

I enjoyed reading Survivor. Also read choke and non-fiction. He has a wonderful turn of phrase. What impressed me most is goes out of his way to research his characters.

Advertisement