Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiboxing and RAF

Options
  • 12-10-2008 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

hey guys, just a quick question.

Ive setup keyclone and everything, just running two accounts atm. Basically all I want to do is get them to 30 and then grant the levels to the other guy so he'd get to 60. But should I be doing quests with the the two account or just my main guys. Because I just started and realised that gathering quests are gonna be annoying having to do it twice. Is it pointless doing quests on both or will I just keep it to my main?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Hate to break it to you but you can only grant levels to a toon lower than you so when one of your accounts hits 30 you cant auto add 30 levels to the other, to do this your account needs to be 60 and then you grant levels on the 30 up to 60 as well. Also its 1 free level per 2 levels gained on the linked account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

hehe ya, my mate told me that today...was totally confused :p but what about the questing. Should I just do it with one character or the second one aswell?

well if one of the characters is 5+ levels higher you dont get the extra xp, so quest with both. i would download jonnas leveling guide and just do the kill quests, you will lvl so quick you can ignore the collect ones as you will be on x3 xp for each quest. Good luck with it anyway you should lvl another char to 30 so then you can grant the free lvls to him so you will have 3 60's, probably a pally or warrior,i found them hard to lvl with but there great at end game, especially ret pallys in the new expansion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

ya i have thay guide, totally forgot about using that. ya I have a tank at 33 but dont know if I'd wana do that. Ive a 42 mage so might give it to him. But ya im just in mulgore atm with my two druids, same level and same xp and its a bit of a pain having to get double items for the quests so might take your advice alright and only do the kill quests. cheers again man for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I levelled a Paladin and Mage today to 32 with RAF :) I did though use my 70 Mage to boost them through instances.
    The XP gain from RAF is just unbelievable, couldn't imagine doing it without RAF at this stage. Only have another month left on it now and little time to play like I did today really but I do plan on getting my two druids to 60 (currently both lvl 44) and my Paladin and second mage to 60 also.
    Oh and Giving levels to my Warlock on the way up, it was lvl 35 and now lvl 44 from just the druid passing levels on.

Was a great idea by Blizzard to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

of course is it was a great idea, they are getting an extra 13 euro a month out of you :/

Have to say dont agree with it, if its for pve and raiding then fine, it doesnt affect e.

But I'm sick of coming up against multiboxers, generally 4 shamens, who absolutely pummell me in Battlegrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Multiboxing PvP'ers, especially shamans, were around long before Refer a Friend :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah, but seeing a ridic amount more since refer a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

sorry, did you just say "ridic"?

The refer a friend is a great, it still takes a while to get to 60 plus 60-70 takes a fair while anyway, It dosent take that long to learn your character and anyway the game is designed to be more fun at 70, at least with the new expansion there cutting the experience from 60-70 by 30%.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

But I'm sick of coming up against multiboxers, generally 4 shamens, who absolutely pummell me in Battlegrounds.

Yeah I know what you're saying, very hard to beat 5 Shamans being boxed.
    If you've ever boxed though, the worst thing that can happen you in this scenario is that your main controlled character is killed. By the time you've switched control over to another one, all your characters are usually dead.
    So the challenge is to find the main character being controlled by the boxed and concentrate fire on it only. Fear is the another bane of boxers, warlocks, priests and warriors can destroy a multiboxer in seconds if they do it right.

I still find it annoying though I have to say when I come up against a boxer. By the time I've realised who the main character is that they're controlling, I'm usually dead :P

It's an awful lot of fun though and for me anyway, the RAF account is in my Sons name (he's 5 years old!) and we enjoy playing the game together and levelling up pretty damn fast.
    When I'm boosting the toons in instances with the Mage, he just sits there, puts his character on follow and keeps talking about his gear or the gear that drops. The Warden staff (BOE epic) dropped for his Druid on one of our instances runs last week and he got all excited - almost felt like years ago when I used to be raiding MC with my first guild and the first epics dropped, TeamSpeak went mad with kids getting all epic horny and I now fully understand why, they were all 5 years old, not 18 :)

Now I just have to bring him around to start playing Arena's with me and I might get some enjoyment from them. All he needs is to go resto with his druid, spam a couple of hot buttons and sure we'd be grand :D

Advertisement