Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which pistol

Options
  • 12-10-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

right i think its about time i got myself a pistol and was going to get the hfc usp compact full auto but then i saw the jg gloc 18 and was wandering which would be better

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The USP as it is works fine out of the box, the JG G18 on the other hand is fine on semi, but on full auto its very slow compared to the other G18s on the market. That can be fixed by a fitting stronger recoil spring however which is very easy to do. Some of the Irish retailers stock the stronger KSC recoil springs if you want to go down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

how much would a new recoil spring be because one of the reasons im looking at the usp is because it is 20 quid cheaper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Id reccomend the USP too, its great out of the box and doesnt have a delicate fiddly fire selector like all the G18c's,.,

vtec wrote: »
    Id reccomend the USP too, its great out of the box and doesnt have a delicate fiddly fire selector like all the G18c's,.,
    thanks do the full size usp and compact usp have the same mag copacity and which one has the better range and accuracy

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

just to throw a spanner in the works - have a look at the meu 1911 from TM.
    Seriously sweet pistol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

horgan_p wrote: »
    just to throw a spanner in the works - have a look at the meu 1911 from TM.
    Seriously sweet pistol.

1911 great pistol but get the kwa/kwc 1911 great pistol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

daz801 wrote: »
    thanks do the full size usp and compact usp have the same mag copacity and which one has the better range and accuracy

yep they actually share the same magazine., I have the full size myself and love the thing, just tryin to get a good holster for it.,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

daz801 wrote: »
    how much would a new recoil spring be because one of the reasons im looking at the usp is because it is 20 quid cheaper

It would work out about the same if you get the G18 with the spring.

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=282&category_id=57&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

how much does the ump cost????? and what about the ksc 1911
    well il be in eirsoft on saturday because im bringing back my g3 and swapping it for somthing else
    probably a pistol and a few mid caps of the g36c
    how much do them vanharas or whatever there called cost

Advertisement