Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB in Cork

Options
  • 12-10-2008 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Just wondering which companies people here are with, how happy they are with them and what problems they've been having (if any).

Was going to get UPC's 20 meg line installed, but having seen all the trouble others have had, I am, um... aprehensive to say the least. The only thing is that there is no installation cost, unlike with other companies, esp as we don't appear to have a phoneline into the house. This cost doesn't really bother me, but housemates are more concerned about it. The other companies would no doubt be faster with better customer service, but cost a wee bit more for installation.

So..

What company?
    What speed paid for/recieved?
    Any problems?
    Worth getting?

Much appreciated, esp if anyone else is in the College Rd/Gillabbey St/ St Finnbarres Cathedral area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I've been with Eircom BB pretty much since they started offering BB. I was on 2mb bb for awhile but recently got updated to 3mb when they upgraded their lines. That was the only time that i had a prob, as our connection kept dropping. Took them a week to send someone out as they couldn't fix it over the phone. its €29.99 a month of the 3mb plus 25.18 for the line rental but u can get it slightly cheaper with some of the packages they have.

Advertisement