Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pay rise of 6 euro

Options
  • 12-10-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

it must be a joke, a friend of mine on minimum wage working for a company for 1.5 years got a payrise of 6 euro a week...are they allowed to do this ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I don't think there is any obligation to give pay increases, once you keep up with the minimum wage - I presume that benchmarking doesn't apply in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Unless the company has specifically signed up to give increases under the National Pay Agreement or an internal agreement then they are under no obligation whatsoever to give any increase. For someone working 39hrs/week on minimum wage €6 is still a 1.75% pay increase. It's better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pauldiv

Yeah 1.7% is very generous so just stop whinging.:confused:

Advertisement