Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DS lite. Cheapest price online or off

• 12-10-2008 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to pick up two Nintendo DS lite consoles for my kids and I'm looking for the cheapest price. I thought I had found it with Zavvi.co.uk Their ds' work out at around €125 deilvered but they are not accepting my credit card and I suspect its because they dont send consoles outside the UK.

Anyone know of anywhere else that stocks Nintendo DS consoles at good prices apart from Zavvi and Ebay?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

On the final page where you enter card details, above is the address section, try delivering to your local store if it lets you that way. They might not deliver consoles here due the the WEEE regulations

Symths do them for €149.99 with a free game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Pixmania will cost you €118 for Silver and €119 for Black, Red or Turquoise + €12.90 p&p for the two. Working out at around €250 the pair delivered. No free game though...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Thanks for the replies.

I actually got the same deal as Zavvi at www.hmv.co.uk I got both Nintendo Ds consoles, in the colours I was looking for, for around €260 delivered. It was 99pounds each and 5pounds delivery charge for standard airmail. Credit card went through no problem on their site so Zavvi loses out.

davton wrote: »
    On the final page where you enter card details, above is the address section, try delivering to your local store if it lets you that way. They might not deliver consoles here due the the WEEE regulations

Symths do them for €149.99 with a free game.

Oh yeah, I tried delivering to our local store here but it was the same thing. Your credit card transaction failed was the message displayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

i have ordered a ds from this http://www.videogamesplus.ca/
    very good and cheap and quick turnaround

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

would they not be the 110v model? would that be compatible over here?

kendragon wrote: »
    would they not be the 110v model? would that be compatible over here?

it is good to work over here the only thing you will need to get extra is the charger, you will need to by that else where, you can get them in most music dvd stores like zavvi now fro about a tenner

rameire wrote: »
    i have ordered a ds from this http://www.videogamesplus.ca/
    very good and cheap and quick turnaround

One from them include shipping is €112 and then price of the charger, and the price to return if any problems I dont think its best option.

just giving an option, i have never thought of the returns problem but it worked well for myself and will definatelty use in the future, happy hunting.

Viking Direct are advertising them at €119.99 each
    call 1890 818 130 for assistance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

davton wrote: »
    Viking Direct are advertising them at €119.99 each
    call 1890 818 130 for assistance.
    Do they normally list items with VAT already included in the price?

Im not sure in this case, as it was stated. A lot of the time they dont, if that is the case with this then ofcourse will make it less of a bargain at €145

I decided to cancel my order with HMV.com and instead went to a bricks and mortar Zavvi store. They are selling the nintendo DS's for €135 with a free game. thats only a fiver more per console than waiting on hmv to process my order and deliver it, with a free game for each to boot. Unfortunately the only games left were maths training and brain training which are no good to my kids so i was a bit sneaky and sold them in the gamestop next door. He offered me 11 euro cash or 21 euro store credit. I used the credit to buy two nintendo armor covers and only had to pony up of a further 4.98.

So long story short, zavvi and gamestop meant I got my two nintendo DS Consoles and two mario armour covers for €275.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

You've saved me the hassle of having to do this search, thanks all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Got mine on the HMV site. Red one with free Brain Training for £99. Got it delivered for free to my friend in Newry! Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Woodsyholden

Nintendos Ds Lite are for sale in Sainsbury's Newry for 100 Pounds. Just checked this price on the converter site and it works out approx 116 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

On topic my mate got a DS & 2 games up north for £106, I will find out where.
    Nintendos Ds Lite are for sale in Sainsbury's Newry for 100 Pounds. Just checked this price on the converter site and it works out approx 116 euro.

XE shows £100 as €116.89
    You can add on around 4% to that, so more like €121-122.

Nobody on the planet can get the XE rate, from past experience I have found it to be about 4% more when it hits your C/C or you buy sterling form the bank.

The other day I bought 2 memory cards from the same place, on one I paid paypal, and the other C/C. It will be interesting to see which is cheapest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Bah, i'm in the same boat here too. Trying to get a DS for a decent price.

Best I had found was GBP99 including one game on HMV but my order got cancelled (misspelled my billing address, idiot) and now they're out of stock.

Found a bunch of other places but none seem to deliver to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Brianyboy

thanks all, great info....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭danois

In the extra vision catalog it says they are €99 have thrown it out so not sure if it comes with a game but at that price i doubt it!! hth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Woodsyholden

Thanks for all the info,will try extra vision :)

Advertisement