Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD footage to moviemaker??

Options
  • 12-10-2008 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I used a vidoe camera to record about 10mins of footage while on holidays. I now want to use this footage to put into a moviemaker type film, how do I go about getting the footage off the DVD and into a file type that moviemaker will recognise??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭jessbeth

First you need to rip the DVD. There are programmes available to do this. It depends on whether you're running mac or windows but you need an application to get the information off the DVD.

Here is a link that will help:

http://www.wikihow.com/Rip-a-DVD-to-an-AVI-or-MPG-File-Using-DVDx

This shows you how to do it with windows :-)

:D

For mac you could use http://www.dvdxdv.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Download SUPER, which is free, and convert the .vob file on the DVD to WMV. If you are just using Windows movie maker, it will behave itself with a WMV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ishda1103

i used adobe premier on my school project, and so far for me adobe premier is easy to navigate than anything else..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

ishda1103 wrote: »
    i used adobe premier on my school project, and so far for me adobe premier is easy to navigate than anything else..

yes but premiere wont be able to read the dvds

Try the programs above. if they dont work there is a software called cinematize pro. But i dont htink its cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I cant get this to work. Thnaks for the suggestions though.

Does anyone know a shop i can to that will just do this for me?

• Advertisement

Thats strange that SUPER isnt working. Are the files on the DVD vob files or what are they? Usually only 1 of the vob files is the one required to be converted.
    Failing that, rename the .vob file a .mpg and import into movie maker. You'd be surprised at how often this works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Thats strange that SUPER isnt working. Are the files on the DVD vob files or what are they? Usually only 1 of the vob files is the one required to be converted.
    Failing that, rename the .vob file a .mpg and import into movie maker. You'd be surprised at how often this works!

That actually worked!!! :D

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Das Ice

the best program to convert files like that is Format Factory !!!

Das Ice wrote: »
    the best program to convert files like that is Format Factory !!!

Format Factory won't do MOV files.

Advertisement