Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rugs

Options
  • 12-10-2008 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Ok typical winter thought. I'm wondering do any of you use quality rugs other than horseware or do they have the market almost entirely.

Comments

Horsewear for us.

ours are ancient but still do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Horseware all the time!!! they have a rug to suit every individual horse and always good value. i have a high neck heavy outdoor rug - i have it 4 years, i've got 4 winters out of it and now heading into my 5th - there is not a stratch or rip or tear on it, bar its filthy from the winter use, its perfect otherwise. cost me €150 4 years ago, money well spent in my books. All my stables rugs are by horseware aswell, i wouldnt use anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

I have a Roystan Range (the william funnell range) Turnout and stable rug for the last 3 years and found them perfect, fit and quality wise, also nearly half the price as a new Horsewear. I paid €85.00 for the turnout and €80.00 for the stable.

Just to let you know that there are other good ranges out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭xxkarenxx

I use Masta for both stable and turnout. They fit well and are good quality.
    Horseware rugs don't suit any of my horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭needadvice

Thanks to you all very good to hear your opinions I remember horseware being designed cause I'm not as young as you lot and they are super but have become pricey but they can afford to. Marlie where did you buy the Funnell and ditto Karen the masts I'd like to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I've never been able to afford a Horseware.

It also looks like I wont need to buy any this year as mare probably wont be clipped (she's out of action). The last one I bought was a lightweight Mackey which are Irish made apparently and I had absolutely no complaints with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

Hi Needavice,
    I got my stable (funnell) rug in the local co op but they don't do them any more and I got the turnout (also funnell) STS Equestrian in Gorey.

Pm me if you would like the number for them.

Advertisement