Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

peugeot problem

Options
  • 12-10-2008 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

went around the back to fill car up with diesel (we have our own tank) it filled to the brim as in came up to the cap. the gauge says around 3/4 full it now seems to be dripping from underneath when car is stopped. when car is going it seems to stop. car is now stopped but it seemed to have stopped. whats wrong with it would ye think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

did it foam up ?? happened once to me at a fuel station once, took ages to get 10€ worth in. Doubth this would happen with a home tak though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 robin2

no it wanst foam. also it was at a bit of an angle when filling it ie the filling point was at the top so it should of overfilled instead of under filled if ye get me. just started it there again and the diesel started to come out this time. please help need it to go to work in the morning. is it a major job or what. im desperate

where is it leaking

what model year engine is it ??

it seems too be after stopping completly now. its a 1.4 hdi diesel. 2002 xt. would there be some overflow or something

anymore ideas lads

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Wild guess but here goes..

If you overfilled it on a slope then it might be leaking through the breather when you put the car back on level ground. If the bottom of the breather is immersed then pressure in the tank would cause the fuel to pump itself out.

Running the engine would cause suction in the tank and stop it so that maybe explains what you saw.

If this is indeed the cause then once the level drops below the breather it will be fine.

Edit: just be careful that you haven't got a rear wheel covered in extremely slippy diesel when you start off tomorrow.

thanks steve today started car no more leaks gauge now says full and it will do 1100km with the tank. i suppose your correct are you with it just overfilling

anyone

was your ignition on when you filled her up ??
    i have heard of situations where the gauge doesn't read correctly if the ignition is left on when filling but this was in BMW's.

Advertisement