Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stopped for not indicating?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Dabko wrote: »
    i have more experience driving on Irish roads than most people in Ireland over the age of 40.
    Come back and say that when you've done 500k miles and it might be credible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Is it any wonder that the standard of driving in this country is so low when people don't know even the most basic rules of the road?

I actually can't believe some of the things I'm reading on a so called "Motors" forum tbh.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thank you both for your concern.
    I'm not concerned!
    However, I passed my driving test 2 years ago, and have only being driving for 4 years. I have learned to drive in vans and cars of varying sizes. I drive on a regular basis all over cork, Dublin, galway and up north. My point being that i have more experience driving on Irish roads than most people in Ireland over the age of 40. Things change, so must people.
    Sorry if it pis5es all you folks that fall into this bracket, but there are a serious amount of stupid, fast asleep, careless drivers out there and im my experience alot need to wake up or risk slaughtering themselves or others around them.

Also, im 29 not a boy racer y anything like that.
    You made a bold statement and now it turns out that you aren't licenced for that long so you really aren't in a position to make that kind of statement.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

tuxy wrote: »
    Watch so American tv programs I see people getting pulled over by the police for not indicating.
    I have never heard of this happening in Ireland.
    Is it illegal to not indicate properly here and can the cops pull people for it?

I got a "citation" in Washington State for not indicating, its called a "moving violation" and they take it more seriously than here.

I also got done for a €60 fine for not using indicators on a motorbike in the city thats because I didnt have them on the bike. I was given 10 days to fit them because the indicator switch was still on the bike. I didnt argue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

it appears ive ruffled a few feathers amongst the elders of the motoring tribe. Well, as they say, all dogs have their day.

Im off now to put 500miles of absolutely sh1te driving beneath my inexperienced britches!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Illegial except for Taxi drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I got a "citation" in Washington State for not indicating, its called a "moving violation" and they take it more seriously than here.

I also got done for a €60 fine for not using indicators on a motorbike in the city thats because I didnt have them on the bike. I was given 10 days to fit them because the indicator switch was still on the bike. I didnt argue.

Did the ANPR catch you not using your indicators!? :D

Advertisement