Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help... boiler issue

Options
  • 12-10-2008 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi,

I hope ye can help me. I was trying to bleed the boiler but took out the wrong bolt... i.e. the bolt that adjusts the pressure. So I was told that I can use a pressure guage and t-joint to adjust to 9 Dpi which is the pressure required for the unit. So I connected the pressure guage via t-joint to the bottom. The system comes on and will stay on but no pressure is read of the guage. I have attached a picture of my setup if someone can please help me out.

Thanks in advance,

J
    pic1lv3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

jtiernan wrote: »
    Hi,

I hope ye can help me. I was trying to bleed the boiler but took out the wrong bolt... i.e. the bolt that adjusts the pressure. So I was told that I can use a pressure guage and t-joint to adjust to 9 Dpi which is the pressure required for the unit. So I connected the pressure guage via t-joint to the bottom. The system comes on and will stay on but no pressure is read of the guage. I have attached a picture of my setup if someone can please help me out.

Thanks in advance,

J
    pic1lv3.th.jpgthpix.gif

You have the pressure gauge in the wrong place. It should be screwed in where the bolt above it is.
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

thanks a million for your quick response! However, I have tried to remove the bolt at the front just below the pressure adjuster but it is can not be moved. I took a closer look and it appears to be welded. Are you sure this is the part? Please find updated picture below. Thanks a million....

pic1zf4.th.jpgthpix.gif

jtiernan wrote: »
    thanks a million for your quick response! However, I have tried to remove the bolt at the front just below the pressure adjuster but it is can not be moved. I took a closer look and it appears to be welded. Are you sure this is the part? Please find updated picture below. Thanks a million....

pic1zf4.th.jpgthpix.gif

The top screw should be about 10 to 15 half turns out from fully in - if you have kerosene.
    The lower bolt will definitely turn with a good heave of a spanner. I know what I am talking about - I have done this many times. The pressure should be about 110 - 120 psi or about 8 bar.
    Jim.

JamesM wrote: »
    The top screw should be about 10 to 15 half turns out from fully in - if you have kerosene.
    The lower bolt will definitely turn with a good heave of a spanner. I know what I am talking about - I have done this many times. The pressure should be about 110 - 120 psi or about 8 bar.
    Jim.

I would not dought it just really wanted to make sure! That is great advise. I wonder can I chance it to do the say 14 turns from fully in and if the boiler switches on and stays on, take it done. Is it dangerous to leave at the incorrect pressure or will it just keep cutting out unless at the correct pressure. Sorry to keep annoying and really appreciate the help so far.

Probably OK. Try to have a look at the flame and make sure that it has clean tips and is not yellow or smokey.
    Jim.

• Advertisement

James, you were a 100%!! Got the guage on... it was just very tight! All fixed!! ye know your stuff!! :D

Advertisement