Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scholarship for loads of leaving cert points

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

fair_bad wrote: »
    I got 575 and I'm doing law... Any idea if it's likely?

You'd have gotten it in 2008 anyways.

Not sure what the credentials will be this year.

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fair_bad

Got the letter this morning.... Boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mazahacka

Reviving this topic with a question that bothers me a lot:

On what exact basis are they awarded? I know that the cut-off point is 570 and all that jazz. But say if a lot of people got big points, would they raise this say to 590?
    And also, if you get above 600, are you guaranteed one? And does the scholarship pay the entrance fee AND gives you 2k on top or what? I'm going to study pharmacy in UCC btw (next year).

Turns out there was a lot of questions from me xD

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

mazahacka wrote: »
    Reviving this topic with a question that bothers me a lot:

On what exact basis are they awarded? I know that the cut-off point is 570 and all that jazz. But say if a lot of people got big points, would they raise this say to 590?
    And also, if you get above 600, are you guaranteed one? And does the scholarship pay the entrance fee AND gives you 2k on top or what? I'm going to study pharmacy in UCC btw (next year).

Turns out there was a lot of questions from me xD

When I got mine in 2008, I'm pretty sure pharmacy people had to get 600 points out of 600 as they're lumped in with medicine and stuff. So now you'd probably need 625 or whatever the max is nowadays.
    Na you only get the 2000 (might even be less for pharmacy/medicine as its spread over more people). Have to pay for registration yourself unfortunately!

The basis is that they try to spread the scholarships out to some degree to all of the various colleges e.g. Business & Law, Science & Engineering etc. which generally means its easier for business, law, arts students to get them as less people getting maximum points tend to do those courses!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Only hearing about this now, got 565! Sickening :L

• Advertisement
Advertisement