Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing near John's Hill today

• 12-10-2008 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Guys,
    Does anyone know what the story was down outside Tesco's in railway square today. At about 4.30ish some guy collapsed down there with his throat cut and had been stabbed in the head. Seemingly he had somehow made it from near the mansion house/bottom of john's hill. It was certainly life or death by the amount of blood he lost while on the ground. And plenty of police activity. Yet nothing is on the news :confused::confused::confused:
    Anyone able to shed any more light on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

care to give us a source on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Nothing on any news sources?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

nothing on rte, breaking news or irishtimes about this if it is true
    sure we'll see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Actually the source was me standing there looking at it. I didn't see him walk from John's hill, 2 guys that were in the bookies close to that small bridge there saw him walk past and went out after him. By which time he had collapsed just by the entrance to the car park in Tesco's. About an hour later i went down for a spin around and the gardai were photographing blood stains outside the old infirmary, on the traffic island in the middle and down outside the chemists. That's how i imagined he came, though with the blood and state he was in it's unbelievable he made it that far. As for the wounds, they were real believe me.
    I can't believe it's still not being reported on the news etc.. :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

So two guys walked from ladbrokes...and just followed him,looking at him as far as the car park by Tesco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

you'd be surprised how much stuff isn't reported in the media...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

trishw78 wrote: »

... and what is, is often not researched properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Didn't hear anything about this and I'm only up the hill. I suppose I'd better talk to my neighbours more often about the "scandal".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Same here, saw a serious stabbing in Cork last year (guts all over the road job) and there was two lines about it in the Independent about a week later, nothing in any other paper or on TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 paddy1mac

WLR mentioned an incident in Johnstown on their 8.30am bulletin.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

paddy1mac wrote: »
    WLR mentioned an incident in Johnstown on their 8.30am bulletin.......

It's just been on the 1pm bulletin. A 41 year old local is being detained, while the victim, a 28 year old local man is in hospital and in a stable condition. Gardai are appealing for witnesses and state Tescos area as the incident area.

According to the news, they know each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Live on john's hill actually and heard all the commotion with the gardaí and the abulances etc. Hadn't a clue that happened though but I know the guards spent a lot of the day by tesco...and it would explain the offer of a lift on my way out last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

The media can only report it if the Gardai give them the information. It can't be reported if "Johnny from the city" saw it, but there's no confirmation from the Gardai. It's quite common for the Gardai to withold information from the media for various reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Live on john's hill actually and heard all the commotion with the gardaí and the abulances etc. Hadn't a clue that happened though but I know the guards spent a lot of the day by tesco...and it would explain the offer of a lift on my way out last night.
    Hi neighbour!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭waterford mma

AdMMM wrote: »
    Hi neighbour!

+1
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Haha HELLOO!!!

Any more news on this stuff at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The local man arrested is a well known figure with a XXXXXXXXXXXXX nick name ;)

So the story goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

i heard the same myself last night.. looking to go back to jail i hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    The local man arrested is a well known figure with a <SNIP>

So the story goes.

pretty clever ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    The local man arrested is a well known figure wit <SNIP>

So the story goes.

ha ha ha thats good rockman.
    was there not another stabbing around norris's a few months back that he was involved in? or are the two cases getting mixed up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Did any of you ever hear of sub judice?

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement